Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-22-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Getting books to show up in order on the sony reader

I've created book series using caliber with the correct numbers but in the sony reader they seem to display in a completely different order, neither alphabetical or the series order. Is there any way to make a collection show up in order?
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
They should be showing up sorted in series order, but that's old code I haven't looked at in a while, so maybe it's malfunctioning
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #3
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's strange, I've never got them to show up in order, I think it may be showing up in the order they are in in caliber's database, or by date added perhaps? I just can't seem to find any correlations between any system and the way they are added.
just another quick oddity I noticed, when you drag n drop an image onto the cover from the desktop, it works fine but gives an error saying there were 0 options available, but 2 signals given.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:38 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGB View Post
That's strange, I've never got them to show up in order, I think it may be showing up in the order they are in in caliber's database, or by date added perhaps? I just can't seem to find any correlations between any system and the way they are added.
just another quick oddity I noticed, when you drag n drop an image onto the cover from the desktop, it works fine but gives an error saying there were 0 options available, but 2 signals given.
What was the exact error message?
Old 12-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
JGB
Groupie

Signal has 0 arguments, but 2 given
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\jobs.pyo", line 54, in update_running_time
TypeError: Signal has 0 arguments, but 2 given
Advert
Old 12-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

will be fixed in next release
Old 12-25-2008, 01:21 AM   #7
JGB
Groupie

Sweet, are you talking about the files showing up in order, or the error message?

Is there any way to sync the books with caliber? So I can see what pages I'm on etc if I have to update the books and wipe them all again?

Thanks
Old 12-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The error message. I'm travelling right now, so working on device issues is not easy.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #9
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Hello, I am new here and had already posted this (probably in error) in the Sony PRS-700 forum, but I can confirm that on that device, it seems to be sorting one of my collections (I have only tested two) in an arbitrary order, and not via the "Book 1, Book 2" series designation as set up in Calibre.

I asked in the other thread, but: is it an incorrect assumption that the Sony Reader *should* be looking at the numbering of Calibre's Series field/numbering for that sort?

I also cannot figure out how it's sorting--it's not alpha, it's not anything else that would be in the meta information. I have a different collection that appears to sort correctly, but it's only got a few books and I may have actually put them into calibre in order.

Any input appreciated. This isn't a big thing, just one of those nagging bits that you'd like to see working correctly. Calibre is very much appreciated by this Mac user.

EDIT: Another hint--I just realized that it's sorting in the same order as if I switch it to By Author (which is the same for the whole series). So it's falling back to whatever field gets sorted after Author (or something), which still has no easily recognizable pattern. This doesn't seem to correlate to 'Date' for me, either.

Last edited by Trauma Doll; 12-27-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It's a known problem, I will look at it when I have time. See ticket #1469
Old 01-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #11
NoGood
NoGood began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600 \ T1
Sorry to revive an ancient thread but is it correct the bug/problem still persists?
Kovidgoyal closed ticket 1469 as it was a duplicate of:
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/2123

I still have a problem with prs600 and collections sorted by order. They come up in a very strange order
NoGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGood View Post
Sorry to revive an ancient thread but is it correct the bug/problem still persists?
Kovidgoyal closed ticket 1469 as it was a duplicate of:
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/2123

I still have a problem with prs600 and collections sorted by order. They come up in a very strange order
I may not be understanding the question but here is the answer to what I think is being asked.

If you want a series to be in book order on your reader do three things.

1. Start fresh, delete the series from your reader.

2. Sort the books in Calibre by the Series column.

3. Now that the books are in series order in Calibre, highlight them and send them to your device.

The books within that collection on your reader will now be in book order.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-05-2010 at 01:52 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #13
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The bug report that was refernced asked that if a new book was sent for a series that is already present on the reader then it should be inserted at the correct point in the resulting collection. this done not happen unless all books for the collection (series) are sent at the same time.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The bug report that was refernced asked that if a new book was sent for a series that is already present on the reader then it should be inserted at the correct point in the resulting collection. this done not happen unless all books for the collection (series) are sent at the same time.
Thanks for clearing it up for me. It sure would be nice if that bug is fixed.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote