Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I decided to just get a light for my NST instead of getting a glow nook

I got a Stella Light for $20. I might have been able to find something cheaper even. But I can put it on the Nook or the Kindle, so it serves double duty. It does a great job, too.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Deneb
Groupie
Deneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it is

Device: Cybook
Well, good for you if that's enought for you. I tried every kind of external light I could find and nothing can compare with the smooth confort of the glowlight.

No battery to change, no light to move when I read the bottom of the screen, no low light when the battery is not quite dead but not good enough any more, no searching for the stupid light I left in my room when I'm not there. No anoying glare...

I'm not going back to a nonlit reader. I don't even use my Opus any more, I keep it only for emotional reason (it's a gift), and potential backup.
Deneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Tanuki
Tanuki shines like a glazed doughnut.Tanuki shines like a glazed doughnut.Tanuki shines like a glazed doughnut.Tanuki shines like a glazed doughnut.Tanuki shines like a glazed doughnut.Tanuki shines like a glazed doughnut.Tanuki shines like a glazed doughnut.Tanuki shines like a glazed doughnut.Tanuki shines like a glazed doughnut.Tanuki shines like a glazed doughnut.Tanuki shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
For my wife i bought a Kobo Touch because of the Japanese book market. For myself i got me a Nook glow Light. I agree with Deneb; I too would never go back to a nonlit reader.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
I got a Stella Light for $20. I might have been able to find something cheaper even. But I can put it on the Nook or the Kindle, so it serves double duty. It does a great job, too.
That should be good enough. Though the glow nook is nice, it is just too fragile.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
Did the same - love the design of the Stella, and it works nicely with my little Sony 300 too. Batteries are inexpensive if you pick them up on Amazon or Ebay by the dozen.

Got the Octovo Solis also, and use it with the B&N cover. The Solis doesn't have the flexible adjustment of the Stella, but the set angle works for me personally.

I like the warm yellow light of both - though I miss the sleep timer of my old MEdge.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert