Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
KathyO67
KathyO67 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
help for Entourage Pocket Edge?

I'm having trouble signing into my Google account to download apps. I can sign into Google on my laptop, so I know I'm using the correct username/password. On my PE I get an error message that says "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server -- this could be a temporary prolem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services.....".
help?!
I'll keep reading this forum - it's very helpful!! Hope to try some of the suggested programs & apps once I figure things out a bit more! Thanks for any help you can offer!
KathyO67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:24 AM   #2
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Hi Kathy,

You might want to go to the Entourage edge forum:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218

I got all the google stuff loaded. Calendar and gmail works. I can't get the Android marketplace working.

Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I'm not familiar with Entourage, but if it's like any other Android device, do you have your WiFi turned on and connected?

Can you see the Web, or get email?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
KathyO67
KathyO67 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I'm not familiar with Entourage, but if it's like any other Android device, do you have your WiFi turned on and connected?

Can you see the Web, or get email?
Yes - I can surf the web and do most anything else.
An example is a Facebook app that I have.... it lists that it has an update available. When I click into it, it requires me to sign in to my Google account. then I get the error message....
KathyO67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:54 AM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyO67 View Post
...An example is a Facebook app that I have.... it lists that it has an update available. When I click into it, it requires me to sign in to my Google account. then I get the error message....
That sounds like it is trying to connect to the market, and being entourage is not recognized is causing an error. Not all versions of the Facebook app will work on the EE or PE.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert