Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #21196
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
It's those small downsides that make one's day. Think how much better that wet suit will look on you too.

Enough. It's been a day.

Ardbeg 10yr. I've earned it.
perhaps several glasses?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 AM   #21197
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Another day... another 7 kilometers... another 350+ images... and now a cup of Ceylon Uva as I sit and throw away most of them. There really, really, really is a good reason for NOT taking pictures in the middle of the day... especially without graduated neutral density filters and multiple reflectors...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #21198
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"

Just coffee in my cup. Sigh.

Well done on reaching your initial loss target Stitchawl. The second stage sounds very ambitious - good luck. Despite a week away with lots of indulgence and wine drinking, I am now two pounds lighter than I was when I went away, so I'm still on track. About 10 pounds to go...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #21199
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Nice work on the weight loss!

Water in my cup. Lucas is breast feeding. He made it clear that he did not want the bottle right now but he wanted my left breast. Not the right breast, I had started him there but he was fussy and would not suck, but the left breast.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #21200
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Iced coffee from Mc D's.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #21201
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OJ for me, formula for Lucas. Well, if he decides he wants it. We switched to higher flow nipples and it takes a couple of tries before he settles down and eats.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #21202
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

I set a goal for myself to drop 10 kilos before our next paragliding session. I was 103K in the middle of August. This morning I weighed in at 93.7 kilo. I have another 35 days to lose that 0.7 kilo. I'm gonna make it. In fact, I just set a new goal for myself to reach 85 kilo before we go! It's amazing what a difference can be had by eating 200-300 calorie meals instead of 2000 calorie meals, and not eating at all between meals. On the weekends I treat myself to one 'fat' dinner, and have a big bowl of popcorn while watching TV Saturday and Sunday night. I'm not real strong on self-denial, but I do have a strong desire to reach any goals that I set for myself.

I'm walking at least 5 kilometers a day carrying heavy camera gear too, but I'm walking slow. I've discovered that if I walk fast my knees won't last 200 meters, but if I just 'stroll along' slowly I can keep on truckin'!

There is a 'downside' to this though. I'm going to have to buy a new wet suit and BCD....

Stitchawl
Congrats!!!

As someone that has dropped 50 pounds and has had to do more then one cycle of "gain back and loose again" I would say this... be careful. Weight loss can be come addicting.

Last edited by VydorScope; 09-12-2012 at 11:28 AM.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #21203
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Morning, all. Fresh squeezed OJ and a pot of Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend here.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #21204
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Water after 1 1/2 Diet Coke's at lunch with my wife.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #21205
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1347483219.540689.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	92242

Oolong tea in my cup. Just got back from a walk with Lucas. I am enjoying the nicer weather.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #21206
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oooo - another baby pic!! Can we have a shot with your hand on his chest, perhaps -- to see the relative size of him? I'm sure he has grown rapidly, but he may still be smaller than I'm picturing him. Squeeee!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #21207
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

He is close to 17 pounds now and 25 inches long. At 2 1/2 months. He is a big boy.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #21208
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Attachment 92242

Oolong tea in my cup. Just got back from a walk with Lucas. I am enjoying the nicer weather.
He is just perfect! What a lovely picture. I'm glad to see that you are both well.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #21209
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Thanks. He is great.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #21210
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Congrats!!!

As someone that has dropped 50 pounds and has had to do more then one cycle of "gain back and loose again" I would say this... be careful. Weight loss can be come addicting.
You're right, it IS addicting! As much as I miss my mega-meals, I'm really getting a kick out of the biofeedback from the scale! I used to be in perfect physical condition... right up until I started grad school in my late 30's. That was three years of doing absolutely nothing but study; I went out on 0 dates (I had a live-in girlfriend who was also a grad student,) took no trips, not even Sunday afternoon rides, no fencing, no Kung Fu, no rock climbing... nothing but study for three years. And grew some fat and lost muscle tone. 10 years later I quite smoking. THAT really put on the weight. Scuba diving requires little more than stamina, not strength, so for years I haven't bothered with physical conditioning. Then my knees went South and I really couldn't even take long walks... More fat, less muscle tone... Riding motorcycles... More fat, less muscle tone.

But now... now I am motivated. Now I have a new sport to pursue that requires getting back into condition. I've put that photo taken lakeside when I was 32 right in front of me so I see it every day. THAT motivates me. And every day I walk for several hours, never using the escalators that are available all over Japan. Up and down long flights of stairs. Walking kilometer after kilometer. I know I won't be 32 again, but at least my body can be fat-free again and I can actually run up six flights of stairs without worrying about a heart attack. And next month I'll be able to run across the take-off hill, fill my chute, and fly! Because I'll be 50 pounds lighter too!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?