Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-25-2023, 01:50 PM   #1
chicleeblair
Connoisseur
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Calibre Scrolling through Books — How to Stop

Every once in a while, I’ll be suing calibre and it’ll start basically scrolling through the books as though I was pushing the down error. I run it with a lot of keyboard shortcuts, so I’m sure I accidentally trigger it, but I can’t figure out how to turn it off without quitting the program.

Can someone tell me what I’m doing and either how to stop it or where the settings are that will help me figure that out if I’ve accidentally changed them?
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 02:03 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Try changing this setting in the column heading context menus. It works around a Qt bug that does what you describe. No way to know if you are encountering the same bug, though.

EDIT: I misread the OP's post. The fix I suggest is for horizontal scrolling, not vertical scrolling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	203953  

Last edited by chaley; 09-26-2023 at 05:28 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2023, 05:58 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Fellow keyboard shortcut enthusiast here.

Try unchecking this setting, the default setting is checked - before it was added its lack often drove me nuts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-26 074247.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	203954

That said, your description suggests a sticky down arrow key.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 01:08 PM   #4
chicleeblair
Connoisseur
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Done! we’ll see if it happens again!
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:59 AM   #5
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I believe the X button is the one you're hitting, and to stop it, hit x again. It's happened to me in the past and drove me nuts until I found out what key it was. I'm sure there's a setting to disable it (or that I have at some point in the past enabled).
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert