Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 04:09 AM   #16
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Actually Calibre can generate a multi-level TOC and EZ Reader (Hanlin) will use it exactly the same way and any other multi-level TOC. It is the same as Sigil or anyone else, it is the toc.ncx file in ePUB. The way it is generated is different but the results work the same.

This is different from following a link inside the document. Somehow this is being mixed up in the discussion. Links inside the document can be followed as well but they have nothing to do with content generation, they may look like an inline TOC but this is because you know what it looks like. The reading program treats them entirely different.

Dale
I'm not sure that it was being mixed up. I never said I was trying to create links within a document, but to have a TOC (or catalog, as it's called on EZ Reader) so that I could skip certain chapters and go the ones that are more important for my exam. It's not an inline TOC but the one generated using heading tags. Pressing 7 takes me right to it, or I can do it in a more roundabout way and press OK, then choose Go to catalog. It's when I try to select those that things get a bit inconsistent because sometimes I need to press long to get to the chapter I want, sometimes two shorter presses. And last night it froze on me for the first time, so I had to reset it.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:23 AM   #17
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Anchor points
<a href="chapter1.html#start" ...
<a href="chapter1#onethird" ...
<a href="chapter1#twothirds" ...

see http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html40...ks.html#h-12.2
Note the use of the hash mark to take you to section 12.2
Ah! I get it now. This is what I'd use to make an inline TOC, correct? And then I could also add anchors to take me back. I used headings to create a TOC in Sigil, so I didn't create any anchor points, it was all automatic (I didn't open the epub charleski provided for me to see how it was done, but I'll make a copy of it and poke around as soon as I can). I've got to study now! The exam is sooner than I'd like it to be, and on top of that, I've got to do a ton of things at work.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:58 AM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
Ah! I get it now. This is what I'd use to make an inline TOC, correct? And then I could also add anchors to take me back. I used headings to create a TOC in Sigil, so I didn't create any anchor points, it was all automatic (I didn't open the epub charleski provided for me to see how it was done, but I'll make a copy of it and poke around as soon as I can). I've got to study now! The exam is sooner than I'd like it to be, and on top of that, I've got to do a ton of things at work.
Note my reader
The PEz uses the NCX file entries that Sigil generates from header tags (and the TOC editor (F7) allows you to hide .
The difference in time, may be from where the Header appears in the file (Load-Seek time). Watch the busy LED, A big file (section) with a mid point anchor,may take a while to find it's place. More splits, the faster the file loads and opens, since the primary anchor point is at the file beginning

H levels, determine the nesting.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #19
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Thanks, didn't know about that one, and it looks pretty decent.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ce characters, epub, font embedding