Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
bmwr1200c
Enthusiast
bmwr1200c began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Unhappy iPad 2 Could not connect to Calibre Content Server Running on MacbookPro

Hi,
I have two machines at home, Desktop Running Ubuntu 10.4 and Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard. I have installed "Calibre" on both machines.
I have "quickreader" the e-book reader on my iPad 2.

I could connect my iPad 2 to Calibre content server running on my Linux machine and transfer books. Also from my Linux machine I could access content server running on my Macbook Pro and access the books

Here is the problem - I could not connect my iPad 2 to Calibre content sever on my Macbook Pro. I tried to open the sever through safari on my iPad 2 but it does not work either. I checked the firewall on my macbook is not on.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this issue.
bmwr1200c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Recheck the firewall and ports in use, etc - I have no problem accessing the Calibre server running on my iMac from my iPad 2 & don't recall needing to do anything particular to enable it, other than enable the server in Calibre...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 06:43 AM   #3
bmwr1200c
Enthusiast

I checked the firewall is turned off, I changed the port to 8787 but I could only open with safari in Macbook but with the same address I could not open it from any other device, iPad, linux machine and windows 7 machine. They are all on the same network. What is weird is that I could open my calibre content server running on the linux machine from all devices. Do I need to enable file sharing or something in the macbook to get this thing work. I recently bought macbook and I am not very much familiar with the machine. I would appreciate your help.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
acolsandra
Enthusiast
acolsandra began at the beginning.

Device: bebook1, pocketbook 302
can it have something to do with this email I received from booksonboard?

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ngled-help-all

I was just checking out on this site what this meant for calibre and stanza on my ipad and then I saw your post. I hope it really doesn't mean I can't get into my calibre library to download my books. I was just about to update my ipad, maybe I shouldn't do that anymore.
acolsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
bmwr1200c
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolsandra View Post
can it have something to do with this email I received from booksonboard?

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ngled-help-all

I was just checking out on this site what this meant for calibre and stanza on my ipad and then I saw your post. I hope it really doesn't mean I can't get into my calibre library to download my books. I was just about to update my ipad, maybe I shouldn't do that anymore.
No by all means update your iPad, I was new to mac products so did something stupid somewhere, they all are working now.
Advert