Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
rvdparis
Connoisseur
rvdparis doesn't litterrvdparis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch + iPad 1 + iPhone 4
Finding ebooks. Best engine?

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for the most comprehensive ebook search engine there is. I'm an academic looking for specialized books, and I really need a search engine that is like the google of ebook search engines.

Any ideas?

Maybe this doesn't exist yet??

Thanks for your help,

Rich

PS...Actually I am looking for Distinction and The Logic of Practice, by Pierre Bourdieu, in English, I have both as physical books, but I am out of the country and need e-versions. Any ideas how to find them? THANKS!!! (Not sure where to post this kind of request or even if it's allowed...SORRY!)

Last edited by rvdparis; 08-25-2010 at 01:46 PM.
rvdparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I'll let you do the work, but these are what I use:

http://inkmesh.com/

http://ebooks.addall.com/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
GA, me too, but both have been failing me more and more often of late. I emailed AddAll, but never got a reply. I don't have another source, but if one or both of these doesn't turn up a title, dig farther (check the bookstore sites)...you might still find it.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:20 AM   #4
rvdparis
Connoisseur
rvdparis doesn't litterrvdparis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch + iPad 1 + iPhone 4
Thanks, I didn't know about the addall site. Will check it out.
rvdparis is offline   Reply With Quote