Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Preferences causes Calibre to crash

Hi,

I'm using Calibre 0.7.1 now but the problem was happening with 0.7.0 as well and my OS is Windows 7 32 bit.

Whenever I hit the preferences icon it causes calibre to crash and I have to use task manager to close it.

Anyone else getting the same problem? Has it been reported? Is it being fixed? etc?

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No no one else reported it.

Run calibre from a command prompt as

calibre-debug -g

and post any output when it crashes
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
I'm sorry but I don't know how to do that. I'd be happy to do it if someone could give me some easy to follow instructions on how to.

As an update to the problem though, I tried the same thing this morning and whilst Calibre did seem to freeze up and go into "not responding" mode for about 15 seconds it then eventually brought up the preferences box and began acting normal again.

As I had the computer doing a couple of other things in the background last night as well as running Calibre, maybe that is why it was crashing last night whereas this morning it seems to work, albeit slowly.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote