Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
question About Page Turning

Since I'm new to the whole eBook world, I wanted to see if the page turning behavior that I'm seeing on my Pocket Pro is "normal" or something I should be concerned about.

When I turn a page, there is a quick black flash in which I can see what's on the screen but the background is black, then the screen displays the page normally. Is this supposed to happen or do I have a problem with my reader?

I also installed the new firmware update and noticed that page turns are faster, but the black flashing is still there.

TIA,
Lisa
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
kanguro
kanguro began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro (I can feel it now)
It's the normal behavior of e-ink. It's the "reset charge" of the tiny balls that compose the screen before lying out a new page. See this. Usually you get used to it to the point of not seeing it anymore.
kanguro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanguro View Post
It's the normal behavior of e-ink. It's the "reset charge" of the tiny balls that compose the screen before lying out a new page.
Oh, great. Just what I wanted to know: my new e-Reader has "tiny balls." The only thing that could make me feel less of a man is if I was shipped a Hot Pink one instead of Slate Blue.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
Oh, great. Just what I wanted to know: my new e-Reader has "tiny balls." The only thing that could make me feel less of a man is if I was shipped a Hot Pink one instead of Slate Blue.
You could always attach fake ones, unless you live in Maryland.

Edit: I just saw the date on this article. Did this go through?
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
kanguro
kanguro began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro (I can feel it now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
And you can apply electric charges to them to enhance your brain!
kanguro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert