Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #1141
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I had a weekend off and was out of town.
The laddy by the door was also missing this past weekend....
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #1142
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
The laddy by the door was also missing this past weekend....
Geoff sacked him. Now we have the Luddite by the supersecret entrance to the escape tunnel that Nekochan just stubbornly refuses to use.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #1143
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Geoff sacked him. Now we have the Luddite by the supersecret entrance to the escape tunnel that Nekochan just stubbornly refuses to use.
wow. everything is getting so *complicated*.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #1144
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
We need more llamas and cowbell.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #1145
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Hm... cowbell... I'll see what I can do.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #1146
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Device: Guttenberg Bible
ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow !ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!o w!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow! ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!ow!

dangit, Dixie! Enough of the coat hanger beatings, already!
psockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #1147
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Device: Guttenberg Bible
Umm. Anyone see the King of the Pandorgs running through here? He may have been emitting a high pitched moan...
psockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #1148
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by psockpuppet View Post
Umm. Anyone see the King of the Pandorgs running through here? He may have been emitting a high pitched moan...
I'll show you a high pitched moan! C'mere you cute little evil critter...

Bzist-Pouf!

(Darn! I had the silly thing in reverse!)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:34 AM   #1149
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Zelda by Etch a Sketch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	etch.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	15390  

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 08-20-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:42 AM   #1150
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Zelda by Etch a Sketch.
It's drawing a long bow in such a long thread of avatars, I know, but I do believe that one is your best...maybe even the best, Madam.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:17 AM   #1151
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Zelda by Lite Brite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zelda by lite brite.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	15399  

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 08-20-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:46 AM   #1152
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Zelda by Etch a Sketch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
It's drawing a long bow in such a long thread of avatars, I know, but I do believe that one is your best...maybe even the best, Madam.

Cheers,
Marc
yes, it doesn't seem possible, but they just keep getting more and more brilliant. thank you !!!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:51 AM   #1153
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Zelda by Etch a Sketch.
I tried one of these readers years ago but the slow screen refresh and lack of backlight didn't leave with with a positive reading experience.

The guy that sold it to me said it had wireless networking too but I must have a problem with my router because I couldn't establish a reliable internet connection.

On the positive side it's a completely open development environment without any DRM! I found it much more rugged then the current generation of e-ink devices. Oh and the battery life is just amazing.

The font you've selected doesn't do justice to the screen contrast either.

Enjoy you're new reader ZP!!! (but you might want to hold onto the EB-1150 in case you don't like it)
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 AM   #1154
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I tried one of these readers years ago but the slow screen refresh and lack of backlight didn't leave with with a positive reading experience.

The guy that sold it to me said it had wireless networking too but I must have a problem with my router because I couldn't establish a reliable internet connection.

On the positive side it's a completely open development environment without any DRM! I found it much more rugged then the current generation of e-ink devices. Oh and the battery life is just amazing.

Enjoy you're new reader ZP!!! (but you might want to hold onto the EB-1150 in case you don't like it)
You know, he was lying about the wireless environment, don't you? I took one apart once and there were wires all over the place inside it. And the magic pixie dust that connect to the interwebs is just hell to get out of your mother's living room carpet.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #1155
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post

backlight, backlight, don't you people get it ? REFLECTIVE screen ! sheesh. you don't hear people complaining about no backlight with paper books do you ?

you're right about the battery life though, truly amazing ! and y'all know i'm for open development and against drm so for me this device is just like a dream come true. plus i love the fact that i can use whatever custom font i want. brilliant.

Quote:
You know, he was lying about the wireless environment, don't you? I took one apart once and there were wires all over the place inside it. And the magic pixie dust that connect to the interwebs is just hell to get out of your mother's living room carpet.
note to self : self, do not ever ever ever lend your reader to pshrynk.

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda