Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-15-2008, 08:03 AM   #1
Tectonic
Tech Lust
Tectonic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700, HP iPaq 210
Update for the eBook Library software released on 05/14/2008

Yesterday Sony released an updated for the model 505 reader. You can get it here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...d=3521&os_id=7

Quote:
Improvement over version 2.0.00.07200:

* Adds support for Canada customers
* All other features are as released in eBook Library software version 2.0.00.07200 on 10/09/2007

Additional improvements over original software:

* Adds support for the Sony® Reader PRS-505
* Improved support for reading certain eBooks purchased through the integrated eBooks store
* Various fixes and enhancements to improve stability and performance
The last point might be interesting depending on what it is.
Tectonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, this is not an update for the PRS-505, it's a minor update to the eBook library software. I've modified the thread title accordingly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
Tectonic
Tech Lust
Tectonic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700, HP iPaq 210
Yeah my bad. Eagerness will do that to a guy. We can keep hoping that a firmware update comes out soon.
Tectonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you've installed the version of eBook Library as as supplied by Borders, you'll find that this will not install. It will say you have a later version and quit. What you need to do is go into the registry and change the version number to a lower version number so the installer will work.

Just go into the registry editor and starting at the top search for Sony. Keep searching until you see Version show in the right hand pane. Then change the version number to something lower then 33569602. I think the Borders version was 336.... and I changed it to 334. I then installed eBook Library and had to install it a second time. After that it worked fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:52 AM   #5
edsohsmith
Connoisseur
edsohsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 (soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you've installed the version of eBook Library as as supplied by Borders, you'll find that this will not install. It will say you have a later version and quit. What you need to do is go into the registry and change the version number to a lower version number so the installer will work.

Just go into the registry editor and starting at the top search for Sony. Keep searching until you see Version show in the right hand pane. Then change the version number to something lower then 33569602. I think the Borders version was 336.... and I changed it to 334. I then installed eBook Library and had to install it a second time. After that it worked fine.
Let us know if you notice any performance difference in the software. Thanks!
edsohsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsohsmith View Post
Let us know if you notice any performance difference in the software. Thanks!
I think the only difference is support for Canadian customers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote