Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
You Mileage may REALLY vary-- $60 off Kindle

I was on Amazon (US) about midnight last night, and got a banner that said I could claim a coupon voucher for $60 off a Kindle. This seemed to be good for the entire Kindle line, from the basic Touch to the large Kindle Fire HD. Clicked to apply, verified, and went shopping.
This made the Touch $9, Paperwhite 2 for just under $60, 7" Fire HD for $79, etc. The voucher credit didn't show up until I started the checkout process, but worked seamlessly.
I don't know what triggers the voucher offer-- I'm a Prime member, buy items from Amazon regularly, don't have a Kindle registered to my account (only Kindle App readers), 'buy' a fair number of freebies & a limited number of cash-transaction ebooks, and very little other digital content. I bookmarked the "claim voucher" page, and checked to see if we could get it to work on my wife's Amazon account, but it said her account wasn't qualified. (She has a Kindle registered, buys more cash-transaction ebooks & fewer "feebies" than me, almost no other digital content, and is not a Prime member.)
So.... If you've got an Amazon account, it might be smart to visit Amazon and see if you get the banner offer. (This was a pretty noticeable banner across the top of the Amazon page I was on, but was not a pop-up, so you'll have to watch for it.) The voucher expired at midnight on the 31st (today).
I was tempted for a Kindle Touch for myself (so I don't have to read on my phone), or a toy tablet, but opted for the Paperwhite model for my wife. She uses her Touch all the time, and I think she'll enjoy the upgrade to the Paperwhite (and it'll get me off the Christmas desperation search.....)

KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
More info on it here: http://theslanted.com/2013/10/11150/...le-paperwhite/

According to the comments, the amount can vary from "no offer at all" up to 60 off.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
More info on it here: http://theslanted.com/2013/10/11150/...le-paperwhite/

According to the comments, the amount can vary from "no offer at all" up to 60 off.
I got this:

Quote:
We're sorry. It looks like you're not eligible to receive this promotion. Please check out some of our other great Kindle offers below.
Too bad, because I would've sprung for another Fire... c'est la vie
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I got this:

Too bad, because I would've sprung for another Fire... c'est la vie
Same for me. I would have gotten my roommate a Touch for Christmas. He inherited my KK way back when I got my Sony.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I saw this mentioned somewhere the other day, and got Mr Monkey's message when I clicked. Not to be defeated, I thought I'd ask everyone in the house to click on the link while logged into their accounts. Same message. Since me and one young adult are the only ones with Kindles in the house, I was hoping the other two got one of the deep discounts. No go.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Me neither.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
According to the chatter on the Amazon boards, no one who has purchased a Kindle in the past or has one on their account has seen the offer (just get the "not eligible" message).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I got the offer for $20 and I have a very old 1st Generation Kindle registered on my account. Bought it as a refurb unit from Amazon back when it was the only one that worked with Alf's tools.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
According to the chatter on the Amazon boards, no one who has purchased a Kindle in the past or has one on their account has seen the offer (just get the "not eligible" message).
I got a $20 offer (mentioned it in the other thread about this), but not sure if it's enough to get me to buy anything.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
I'm pretty sure that having purchased a Kindle in the past before doesn't disqualify you-- since I bought my wife's Kindle for a present for her a year ago, and I still got the $60 offer. I do not, however, have a Kindle registered on my account. For what it's worth, I'm also not a 'heavy' buyer of print books at Amazon, although I do buy a few.
I do understand the logic of this-- Amazon doesn't need to offer my wife's account a big discount on a Kindle, since she's already a significant consumer in the Kindle ecosystem. I'm a significant consumer from Amazon, but NOT a significant income-producing customer in digital content; although my consumption of heavily discounted (or free) ebooks probably indicates that I might be a much bigger digital content income-producer if they got a Kindle registered on my account.
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
No Kindle for me, just the Android and PC apps. Still no coupon.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:43 PM   #12
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
No Kindle for me, no offer either.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentE View Post
I was on Amazon (US) about midnight last night, and got a banner that said I could claim a coupon voucher for $60 off a Kindle. This seemed to be good for the entire Kindle line, from the basic Touch to the large Kindle Fire HD. Clicked to apply, verified, and went shopping.
This made the Touch $9, Paperwhite 2 for just under $60, 7" Fire HD for $79, etc. The voucher credit didn't show up until I started the checkout process, but worked seamlessly.
I don't know what triggers the voucher offer-- I'm a Prime member, buy items from Amazon regularly, don't have a Kindle registered to my account (only Kindle App readers), 'buy' a fair number of freebies & a limited number of cash-transaction ebooks, and very little other digital content. I bookmarked the "claim voucher" page, and checked to see if we could get it to work on my wife's Amazon account, but it said her account wasn't qualified. (She has a Kindle registered, buys more cash-transaction ebooks & fewer "feebies" than me, almost no other digital content, and is not a Prime member.)
So.... If you've got an Amazon account, it might be smart to visit Amazon and see if you get the banner offer. (This was a pretty noticeable banner across the top of the Amazon page I was on, but was not a pop-up, so you'll have to watch for it.) The voucher expired at midnight on the 31st (today).
I was tempted for a Kindle Touch for myself (so I don't have to read on my phone), or a toy tablet, but opted for the Paperwhite model for my wife. She uses her Touch all the time, and I think she'll enjoy the upgrade to the Paperwhite (and it'll get me off the Christmas desperation search.....)

KentE
What is the coupon code please?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #14
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What is the coupon code please?
They are dynamically generated for each person that qualifies. If you go to the page I linked above, there is a link at the bottom of the article that inputs that promotion. If you qualify, it will come up. If not, it will tell you that you don't qualify for the offer.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:55 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It said I don't qualify. Amazon's loss.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote