Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Some suggestions on .pdf reader beta

I've briefly tried the .pdf reader beta on the latest firmware for the i62HD and recommend the following features be added:

1. Hide Margin mode similar to the regular .pdf reader. This feature is really important for getting the best display of a full page on the i62HD and visually it works great in the regular .pdf reader.

2. Full screen reading mode. With a 6 inch screen, even with higher definition, screen real estate is at a premium therefore being able to reclaim the status bar area at the bottom of the screen would be important as well.

3. I haven't had a change to look at the columning modes, but would recommend you have features for both 2 column and 3 column windowing. My understanding is the "comics" mode appears to be a different way of windowing around the screen, possibly being driven by a special comics format.

Most of the other features I tried appeared to function properly.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
hallo
1. what is wrong with the hide margin of the new pdfreader?
2. Yes I agree with you
3. sometimes can be useful
4. dictionary search inside ebpub, opened by pdfreader, doesn't work at all
5. change font family
6. an easy way to read comments i make
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Inemi, there is no hide margins feature in the beta pdfreader. Just display either single page or scroll pages. There is also crop to width and crop to height which are completely different features. Hide margins takes the content and crops it to fit so that one side goes right up to the edge of the screen.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:15 AM   #4
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

if i correctly remember, there is auto crop under layout that replace hide margins
Old 08-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
jbsavitz
Connoisseur

Hi Inemi,

I just checked this out on my i62HD. I wish your comment were true, but the auto crop feature only crops margins on three sides (top and both sides) and thus cuts off the bottom part of the page's text.

The hide margins feature crops the entire page so that all the text fits on the screen and it does a very good job of doing this. Maybe this is the functionality that the developers intended the auto crop feature to have. It so, then the feature doesn't function properly.

Also I would change the graphic icon associated with this feature and with paper mode since the same icon is used for the zoom by two points feature. It makes it hard for me to understand exactly what the auto crop and paper mode features are suppose to do.

Does this makes sense to you?
Advert
Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 AM   #6
Inemi
Connoisseur

If auto crop doesn't fit your needs, just use 2 point zoom, isn't it?
I too have noticed auto crop doesn't fit the page in screen, but i believe this is what was expected to be. But should be better if auto crop cuts also the upper and lower margins

paper mode, I believe, is the opposite to continuos mode, like in adobe reader on pc.

bye
Old 08-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #7
jbsavitz
Connoisseur

Inemi,

Two point zoom would be great, but I'm still trying to locate a pointing device a.k.a. stylus that would provide more precise positioning of the two points than my fingers (my sincere appologies to the late Mr. Jobs).

It's challenging to find something that works with the i62HD IR screen.

Do you have any recommendations?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #8
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
If auto crop doesn't fit your needs, just use 2 point zoom, isn't it?
No, it is not solution in many cases.

If you read a document that has different left and right margin and is printed as odd and even pages (most of books) you would need separate 2 point zooms one for odd and one for even pages...

Previous autocrop worked quite fine, not always, but most of the time.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
jbsavitz
Connoisseur

Hi Mono,

I agree with you completely. I'm using the old .pdf reader and not the beta because of the "hide margin" feature which works great.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #10
Inemi
Connoisseur

ok, auto crop should be updated ...
to increase the precision, a software update in necessary, otherwise you have to use something that is wide as your finger.

Cheers
Old 10-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
paco_lch
paco_lch began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Dear developers,
would it be possible to have some sort of Tools Panel in the pdf reader?

Ideally, this would be a customizable, "always on top" vertical (one-icon-wide) panel that would display frequently used tools (e.g. annotate, hand tool, scroll pages, zoom by two points, 100% or whatever the user chooses).

Similar panels are commonly found in graphics editors like Photoshop (please see attached the screenshot).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp screenshot.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	94476  
paco_lch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco_lch View Post
Dear developers,
would it be possible to have some sort of Tools Panel in the pdf reader?

Ideally, this would be a customizable, "always on top" vertical (one-icon-wide) panel that would display frequently used tools (e.g. annotate, hand tool, scroll pages, zoom by two points, 100% or whatever the user chooses).

Similar panels are commonly found in graphics editors like Photoshop (please see attached the screenshot).

Similar functionality will be available in the new PDF Reader in Firmware 1.8.
There are three icon categories available for status bar: "general", "zooming"and "annotations"
On the attached picture you can see the category "general"

New updated (1.8 beta) shall be ready and published in the next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Statusbar General.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	94525  
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Similar functionality will be available in the new PDF Reader in Firmware 1.8.
There are three icon categories available for status bar: "general", "zooming"and "annotations"
On the attached picture you can see the category "general"

New updated (1.8 beta) shall be ready and published in the next week.
I'm waiting this ! One week to wait ... it's long
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote