Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
bcollier
bcollier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Proposed Update for NYT Recipe

I spent quite a bit of time to make sure the summaries for the New York Times work well and look good. The added routine is pasted below, and the updated recipe and routine is attached to this thread.

Basically the update checks if the summary is blank, if it is populates the summary with the first paragraph of the article. If the first paragraph is less than one line of text (70 characters) such as in the NYT when the first paragraph is "WASHINGTON:" or "EDITORIAL", etc. the routine appends the second paragraph to the first one.

Can this routine be added to the official recipe? Should I be doing that through the official checkin/checkout procedure, or is it sufficient to submit the change on this forum?

I plan on making sure the NYT recipe is working well as I use it every day. There a few other recipes (MIT Technology Review, Wall Street Journal) that have a few bugs or bothersome quirks to them that I'd like to fix when I get more time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip populate_article_metadata.zip (8.1 KB, 200 views)
bcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Posting them here is fine
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert