Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
jcryan85
jcryan85 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Trying to publish Recipe book for my mom's personal use:(

Hey guys,

I really appreciate all the forums and blogs that people who know what they are doing reply to everyday. However, I keep getting stuck at a certain point since a lot of this is over my head. I have been trying to convert an RTF or HTML file I created with all my mom's recipes into an epub, but can't seem to get it clean or have it carry over font styles or any colors. Basically I just want it to be clean. All it contains are 150 recipes that were created in MS word and put into one document. I want maybe one font for each title, different font for all the recipes and maybe a background color. That is it. I am buying an Ipad for my mom for mother's day and want to be able to upload all her recipes without her knowing it. Can anyone help me??

If not, I still appreciate all the forums!
jcryan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
A new and different problem needs its own thread to be found. I moved this one for you.

By the way, welcome to mobile read.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
jcryan85
jcryan85 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thanks! I tried to figure out how to move it to it's own post and couldn't do it

I appreciate that.
jcryan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
The first step is to make sure your source is as coherent as possible, with all the styling grouped into distinct styles. It's difficult to give specific advice without knowing more about exactly what problems you're facing.

If you have the source properly formatted as html then the easiest route is to use Sigil, create a new book then go to code view and paste your source code into the body. Alternatively, a good way to work from a word document is to use Atlantis Word Processor (which has a stickied thread here). It costs $35 for the licence, but makes things a lot easier for those who aren't that familiar with coding CSS and xhtml.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote