Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Audible account and Amazon account

This issue has come up for me with Amazon and Audible sharing the same account. My contract with Audible is over. Cancelled as of the beginning of the month.

My charge card is on Amazon. When I delete the charge card on Audible or Amazon it deletes in the other account also.

I do not want my charge card on Audible anymore. But I can not get either company to fix this. If I put my cc on Amazon it is on Audible as well.

Numerous emails, to both companies. Nobody can or wants to fix. Amazon says Audible is not their company. Audible doesn't even address the problem.

Doesn't anyone else here have this problem? I am tired of putting my cc back on Amazon every time I use it. I use to leave it on my account. But I do not want it on Audible anymore.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Amazon says Audible is not their company.
What a strange lie for them to tell a customer. Did you log into Audible with your Amazon account or did you have a separate audible account? The former would make a lot of sense of your situation since your audible account IS basically your Amazon account.

Yep. Just checked. The newest CC I've added to my Amazon account has shown up in my Audible account. I don't worry about it too much. Conversely, the audible audiobooks I've bought show up in my Kindle Library on my Amazon account page. Because the accounts are linked.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-13-2013 at 06:26 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Amazon bought Audible in March 2008. Whomever you spoke to is very misinformed.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
They are the same company. There is nothing you can do. I have to leave my CC on for Audible membership which means it stays on my Amazon account as well. Hubby doesn't like it but there's nothing you can do.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah I know Amazon owns Audible, but several people at Amazon say you have to contact Audible. Audible gives me the runaround. I have been told to delete my Amazon account and make a new one! With all of my kindles I don't think so.

It irritates me. Someday I am going to call and complain some more. I asked Audible to go to the next level of authority, they never responded back. I will never buy from Audible again. They lost my business.

Unfortunately, I like Amazon. But my cc will not be on the account anymore and I will be buying less because of that.

I do watch my cc, and only (use to) leave it on Amazon. I have heard of (Sony) accounts being compromised and info being taken. So I am paranoid.

Last edited by new; 01-13-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I doubt it's worth spending too much time trying to get them to do anything. The accounts are the same (just like you can log on to Amazon UK or CA with your .com credentials). I doubt there is anything to be done, it's programmed that way on purpose and neither Amazon nor Audible CS is likely to be able to do a thing.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah I know Amazon owns Audible, but several people at Amazon say you have to contact Audible. Audible gives me the runaround. I have been told to delete my Amazon account and make a new one! With all of my kindles I don't think so.

It irritates me. Someday I am going to call and complain some more. I asked Audible to go to the next level of authority, they never responded back. I will never buy from Audible again. They lost my business.

Unfortunately, I like Amazon. But my cc will not be on the account anymore and I will be buying less because of that.

I do watch my cc, and only (use to) leave it on Amazon. I have heard of (Sony) accounts being comprised and info being taken. So I am paranoid.
Seriously I don't see why Audible is to blame. They can't do something that can't be done. Amazon and Audible are the same thing. They use the same database on all their services. Kindle, audible, Amazon App Store, Amazon Music Store. It's all tied together. It's like Google wallet is tied into the Google play. If you remove your card from the Wallet you can't buy an app.

Do what I do. Get a prepaid card that isn't link to anything. Only putting your book allowance on it. That way you don't have to worry about your card if it's compromised.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I'd cancel the credit card and get a new one.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What a strange lie for them to tell a customer. Did you log into Audible with your Amazon account or did you have a separate audible account? The former would make a lot of sense of your situation since your audible account IS basically your Amazon account.

Yep. Just checked. The newest CC I've added to my Amazon account has shown up in my Audible account. I don't worry about it too much. Conversely, the audible audiobooks I've bought show up in my Kindle Library on my Amazon account page. Because the accounts are linked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I'd cancel the credit card and get a new one.
That won't work. It will still be on both. Look at DiapDealer's post (emphasis mine).

Is it possible to just cancel audible? Or does every Amazon account have a audible linked? Or does that remove Amazon as well?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Is it possible to just cancel audible? Or does every Amazon account have a audible linked? Or does that remove Amazon as well?
You can cancel an audible membership (so your CC isn't charged a monthly fee), but I know of no way to close an Audible account (which might cut you off from downloading past purchases). Perhaps a respectfully insistent phone conversation?

To my knowledge, if you've never logged in to Audible with your Amazon credentials, you don't have linked accounts. But that would be pretty hard to verify, I guess.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Seriously I don't see why Audible is to blame. They can't do something that can't be done. Amazon and Audible are the same thing. They use the same database on all their services. Kindle, audible, Amazon App Store, Amazon Music Store. It's all tied together. It's like Google wallet is tied into the Google play. If you remove your card from the Wallet you can't buy an app.

Do what I do. Get a prepaid card that isn't link to anything. Only putting your book allowance on it. That way you don't have to worry about your card if it's compromised.
Where do you get your prepaid card and is there a charge to buy them?

It is really Amazon's problem to me, since they bought Audible and it is their programming that links the info on both Amazon and Audible. They could fix it easily if they wanted to.

I think they should do what a customer requests for their own personal account.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

It is really Amazon's problem to me, since they bought Audible and it is their programming that links the info on both Amazon and Audible. They could fix it easily if they wanted to.

I think they should do what a customer requests for their own personal account.
I got mine from Walmart. It's called a Walmart Money Card. Mine is reloadable. You can choose from Visa or Mastercard. It's $3 a month and $3 to reload it each time.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #13
alee
Connoisseur
alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
One of the reloadable prepaid cards from American Express might be good for this. They have no charge to open an account, no monthly fees, and no fees to add money from a linked bank account. There's their American Express Prepaid Card, their Serve card, and a new card that's co-branded with Walmart. You do have to give them the same kind of personal information required to open a bank account, including your Social Security number.

Last edited by alee; 01-15-2013 at 02:32 AM.
alee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee View Post
One of the reloadable prepaid cards from American Express might be good for this. They have no charge to open an account, no monthly fees, and no fees to add money from a linked bank account. There's their American Express Prepaid Card, their Serve card, and a new card that's co-branded with Walmart.
It's better to keep the card unlink from your bank account. The idea is if it compromised your real card and bank are safe. You also don't load large amounts on it either.

The great thing about the Walmart Money Card is you can reload it at any Walmart for $3 or buy a moneypak. Also any place like Walgreens, gas stations...etc that has Green Dot cards. It's usually $4.95 to reload there though.

It works anywhere Visa or Mastercard is accepted. (depending on which brand you choose.) I use this card to buy 300 books, one and a time and never had it flagged or shut off.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-15-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:30 AM   #15
alee
Connoisseur
alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's better to keep the card unlink from your bank account. The idea is if it compromised your real card and bank are safe. You also don't load large amounts on it either.

The great thing about the Walmart Money Card is you can reload it at any Walmart for $3 or buy a moneypak. Also any place like Walgreens, gas stations...etc that has Green Dot cards. It's usually $4.95 to reload there though.

It works anywhere Visa or Mastercard is accepted. (depending on which brand you choose.) I use this card to buy 300 books, one and a time and never had it flagged or shut off.
Security is an important consideration, though to transfer money from a linked bank account or credit card, someone would need your online account ID and password. With only the card number and CVV, or the physical card, they could only take what you had put on the card.

The cards from American Express also let you add money using Green Dot MoneyPak, and I believe that the American Express-Walmart card lets you add money at Walmart. (I pay little attention to Walmart since there has never been a Walmart near any place I have ever lived.) American Express isn't as widely accepted as Visa or Mastercard, though it's obviously accepted by Audible, and most online retailers.
alee is offline   Reply With Quote