Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
All New Pre-Order Books Very Cheap at Fictionwise

I started this post only about the Amelia Peabody books. However a little experimenting shows you can get the same deal on any book on the "new" page that is only available for pre-order. Don't forgot the 25% off coupon: theiphoneblog25.

-----

There are several new releases of older Amelia Peabody books (#1, 2, 6, 7) available for pre-order at Fictionwise. Since they are new they are 15% off and there is also an additional 35% rebate on them as well.

Fictionwise also has a 25% off coupon running now that someone else posted: theiphoneblog25.

They all list at $7.99, but once you add in the 15% discount and the 25% off coupon they are $5.09/$4.33 (non-club/club).

But they are also coded incorrectly so you can pay for them with Micropay and still get the Micropay. So, once you add the rebates in, the four books will cost you $3.31/$2.81 of your Micropay dollars. Sweet deal.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
hmmm at 5.09 for non-club (good price for a pre-order) and 4.33 for club member, I really think I need to convince my husband to give me his CC so I can join the Fictionwise club already

And this is going to sound stupid I know.. but how do I know which books are pre-orders. Is there a way to just view all books available for pre-order like at Amazon?

BTW- that little guy in your AV is a DOLL

Last edited by SimonSays; 02-20-2010 at 11:37 PM.
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
hmmm at 5.09 for non-club (good price for a pre-order) and 4.33 for club member, I really think I need to convince my husband to give me his CC so I can join the Fictionwise club already

And this is going to sound stupid I know.. but how do I know which books are pre-orders. Is there a way to just view all books available for pre-order like at Amazon?

BTW- that little guy in your AV is a DOLL
If you go to the "new" page:

https://www.fictionwise.com/recentadditions.htm

all the pre-order items have a green box that says "pre-order" in teeny-tiny letters before them. The box is obvious.

I should clarify that the $7.99 price was only for the newly released as ebooks but old Amelia Peabody books. The other items available for pre-order have varying prices. However, they are all good deals -- even the book that started out at $25 ends up at $9.75/$8.29 when everything is applied.

And thanks, I agree he is pretty cute. But I'm seriously biased about the fruit of my loins.

-Marcy
Old 02-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I would wait on the JD Robb title, though. Those always hit the NYT best-seller list and then you can get them at 100% rebate and have money back to spend on something else.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
Rob G.
Enthusiast
Rob G. doesn't litterRob G. doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Unless I'm not getting something, I wouldn't say all preorders are like this. I just tried it for Game Change and I got the big "you are trying to pay for this with Micropay and won't get a rebate" warning at checkout.
Rob G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G. View Post
Unless I'm not getting something, I wouldn't say all preorders are like this. I just tried it for Game Change and I got the big "you are trying to pay for this with Micropay and won't get a rebate" warning at checkout.
Game change is a 100% credit card only rebate book. I think what Marcy was referring to was the normal 35% rebate on the Pre-Orders.

I bought Xombies: Apocalypticon for $5.99 (using the coupon) and got a $2.10 rebate while paying with Micropay - which gives $3.89 for the book.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
Rob G.
Enthusiast
Rob G. doesn't litterRob G. doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
OK, gotcha.
Rob G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #8
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I started this post only about the Amelia Peabody books. However a little experimenting shows you can get the same deal on any book on the "new" page that is only available for pre-order. Don't forgot the 25% off coupon: theiphoneblog25.

-----

There are several new releases of older Amelia Peabody books (#1, 2, 6, 7) available for pre-order at Fictionwise. Since they are new they are 15% off and there is also an additional 35% rebate on them as well.

Fictionwise also has a 25% off coupon running now that someone else posted: theiphoneblog25.

They all list at $7.99, but once you add in the 15% discount and the 25% off coupon they are $5.09/$4.33 (non-club/club).

But they are also coded incorrectly so you can pay for them with Micropay and still get the Micropay. So, once you add the rebates in, the four books will cost you $3.31/$2.81 of your Micropay dollars. Sweet deal.

-Marcy
How can you tell that those books are coded incorrectly so you can pay with Micropay? Is there an easy way to tell? Would be handy for the sale on Agatha Christie at the moment!

Agreed that this is a sweet deal, and will have to pick these up. Haven't read any of her books previously, but they sound interesting.
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #9
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Amelia Peabody rules!

Thanks for the heads-up, Marcy! I read all the Amelia books as they were released as printed books (and have some in audible format too) so am thrilled to be able to add these e-versions to my jetBook Lite to re-read. I am collecting all the Agatha Christie, Ngaio Marsh, Dorothy Sayers, Heinlein and other favorite authors in e-book form to have them like a comfort blanket. Whenever I am down I can peruse a few chapters and get a warm glow...
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #10
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Thanks - just picked up Robyn Carr's Moonlight Road that releases next week for about $2.75 using the pre-order + the discount code. Paid with Micropay and received Micropay.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #11
Marcy
Guru

I realized today that all 35% rebate books, not just pre-orders, will give you the rebate even when paying with Micropay. Good deal especially when combined with the current 25% off coupon: theiphoneblog25.

If you have buywise you'll get the book for 25% off, then 15% off that amount and then you'll get a 35% rebate on top of it. So, for a book that started off at $20 -- coupon makes it $15, buywise makes it $12.75 and then the rebate you get even when paying with Micropay makes the end cost $8.29. For a $7.99 book your end cost in Micropay dollars is $3.31. Without buywise your final cost in Micropay dollars is $9.75 for the $20 book and $3.89 for the $7.99 book.

-Marcy
Old 02-24-2010, 02:45 AM   #12
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

- Deleted -

Last edited by ozron; 02-24-2010 at 02:51 AM. Reason: posted twice incorrectly... doh!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:49 AM   #13
ozron
Groupie

- Deleted -

Last edited by ozron; 02-24-2010 at 02:50 AM. Reason: stuffed it up!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #14
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I realized today that all 35% rebate books, not just pre-orders, will give you the rebate even when paying with Micropay. Good deal especially when combined with the current 25% off coupon: theiphoneblog25.

If you have buywise you'll get the book for 25% off, then 15% off that amount and then you'll get a 35% rebate on top of it. So, for a book that started off at $20 -- coupon makes it $15, buywise makes it $12.75 and then the rebate you get even when paying with Micropay makes the end cost $8.29. For a $7.99 book your end cost in Micropay dollars is $3.31. Without buywise your final cost in Micropay dollars is $9.75 for the $20 book and $3.89 for the $7.99 book.

-Marcy
Any Micropay rebate that does not explicitly say CC only can be gotten with Micropay purchases. So if it doesn't say CC only, then it isn't CC only.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote