Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
skaposzczet
skaposzczet began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Booken
Problem after upgrade to 2.0/1.5

Hi.
I've just upgraded my cybook gen 3 to new firmware. Now, when i turn my reader on, it goes to the screen with 3 dots (second one) and after screen flash it goes to the same picture again and again (not to my library). I tried to insal both firmwares (1.5 and 2.0), but problem remains. I tried o format my sd card fat32 and use another sd card, but nothing helped.
skaposzczet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I had this with my opus. It happened it was a faulty ePub, that it coudn't read.
What happens without the sd card ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
What happen if you plugged your Cybook to your computer ?

If it connect, backup all your content then reformat it, it could solve all your problems. By the way, which version of the Gen3 do you have? 200Mhz or 400Mhz? (it will change the effect of the format, if it's a 200Mhz (two stickers on the back or EB100 starting serial number) you MUST put back the system folder
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
skaposzczet

Without sd card problem is the same. I can't even delete my ebooks from internal memory because i can't swith on the device. When i plugged my cybook to the computer and swith it on, it went to this second screen and was refreshing this picture over and over (problem is the same when cybook is not connected to pc).
I have 400Mhz version.

Last edited by skaposzczet; 01-11-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
It won't start when pluged to the computer either ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
You should contact Bookeen then
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
skaposzczet

I wrote email to booken support then.
Tanks for quick response .

Meanwhile i think i've found solution to my problem on this site:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cybo...roubleshooting

They wrote:
1. If the unit had been re-displaying the second startup screen for sometime before it was reset or if you are unsure how much power remains, connect the USB cable and allow time for a full recharge before continuing with the next step.
2. Re-flash with version 796fmt [1]. Any books that were stored on the internal memory will be deleted. Version 796fmt fixes the problem because it fully reformats the internal flash whereas version 796 does not.

I will try this method.

Edited

Yey it worked
I think it is good idea to remowe all files from inernal memory before upgrade to version 2.0/1.5. I think I had some corrupted files.

Last edited by skaposzczet; 01-11-2010 at 09:37 AM.