Phil Daniels 6 33.33%
Phil Daniels 6 33.33%
Phil Daniels 5 27.78%
Phil Daniels 6 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Who is the best mod?

This poll can only be answered one way.

Now I have to go out and buy a fishtail parka like I had when i was a young un and into 2nd wave mod
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I do not like the implications of this poll. I will not vote. One of the Phil Daniels will feel put out.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
I cannot vote. No Phil Daniels in the list.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Need I say more!

daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In that case I am definitely voting for Peggy Lipton!
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

I also believe our lovable bunch of moderators be formally known as "The Mod Squad" henceforth!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Hmm, it would seem that I accidentally voted for Pat Buchanan.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Need I say more!

Dang, Daffy! I just got home from work and saw this... I quickly grabbed a pic and was all ready to post and as I scrolled down... BAM!!

My yea!--no-one-has-thought-of-this-yet bubble was burst!! You beat me to it!

Is it the era thing, the long lost sibling thing, or the abstract twin thing?

So.... Michael Cole, Clarence Williams III or Peggy Lipton

Click image for larger version

Name:	mod squad.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	34120

***psst, Moejoe... I can truly say, "Who is Phil Daniels?" I need to do some research.***
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:23 AM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Dang, Daffy! I just got home from work and saw this... I quickly grabbed a pic and was all ready to post and as I scrolled down... BAM!!

My yea!--no-one-has-thought-of-this-yet bubble was burst!! You beat me to it!
Sorry sis. not really

Quote:
Is it the era thing, the long lost sibling thing, or the abstract twin thing?
All of the above?

Quote:
So.... Michael Cole, Clarence Williams III or Peggy Lipton
Donnageddon gets Julie (Peggy) so I'll take both Pete and Link! I'll share them with you! not really
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:28 AM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:

***psst, Moejoe... I can truly say, "Who is Phil Daniels?" I need to do some research.***

Phil Daniels, and the movie, Quadrophenia are British institutions Every kid growing up in the 80's watched Quadrophenia. Phil Daniels was the cheeky star of that film and also later on in life did a bit of a double act with the Britpop group, Blur (the video which I've linked below).

Phil is the cheeky cockney monkey speaking the lyrics

Old 08-13-2009, 01:56 AM   #11
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Umm...What happened to "THE BLUE ONE NEXT TO THE FISH"?? I think it's omission invalidates the poll
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:07 AM   #12
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Sorry sis. not really

Donnageddon gets Julie (Peggy) so I'll take both Pete and Link! I'll share them with you! not really
Mom!! Daffy won't share!!!

***Yelled in that tone of voice only young kids have when tattle telling on each other OR in that huffy, OMG I can't believe this is happening to me voice that teenagers use when complaining about life and having to put up with a selfish sibling who only wants to ruin their life****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Phil Daniels, and the movie, Quadrophenia are British institutions Every kid growing up in the 80's watched Quadrophenia. ..{SNIP}
OK, now I understand one of your fleeting avatars..
Click image for larger version

Name:	FILQU3(1).jpg
Views:	442
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	34124

And this movie was kind of like the American kids watching F B's Day off / The Breakfast Club / and West Side Story? (American institution point)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:17 AM   #13
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:

OK, now I understand one of your fleeting avatars..
Attachment 34124

And this movie was kind of like the American kids watching F B's Day off / The Breakfast Club / and West Side Story? (American institution point)
We watched all of those too, but we had some of our own home-grown British films that were more...in-tune shall I say, with the youth.

I would put these films on the list as highly influential during the 80's (some were made before that decade though)

Quadrophenia
Tommy
Scum
Made In Britain
My Beautiful Laundrette
A Clockwork Orange
A Letter to Brezhnev
Kes
Educating Rita
Old 08-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #14
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I've only seen Clockwork Orange and Tommy.... I feel so deprived
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #15
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
I've only seen Clockwork Orange and Tommy.... I feel so deprived

Out of them all I'd say watch Kes first. Kes is possibly Britain's "Old Yeller". It's about a working class boy who finds an injured Kestrel (Kes) and rears it up by himself. In the process he finds that there's something beyond the bleakness of his surroundings. I don't know many people from the North of England who didn't watch Kes and read the book it was taken from in school.

Kes is one of a couple of books that were favoured in a lot of Northern English schools when I grew up. The other was the little known "A Pair of Jesus Boots".

Here's a trailer (I've just found out Kes is from 1970! )