Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Attention to all those undecided on which reader to buy

Zelda Pinwheel started a trend of MobileRead get-togethers. The first was in Paris France, but there are more planned, Scotland, Texas USA, Washington DC, Hoedown in the heart of the South USA, and maybe more.

This is your golden opportunity to see several types of readers in one place & at one time and personally talk to owners/users. So rather than just posting a "Which one should I buy", try to attend one of these get-togethers. I'm sure there will be more.

Moderators, can you accumulate all of these into some central area so those undecideds can easily find when & where they will be?

Maybe attendees could post which reader(s) they plan to bring.

Last edited by slayda; 07-30-2008 at 05:33 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
excellent plan, slayda, i think it would be great if the attendees could post which device(s) they plan to bring. we're working on some guidelines for meetups which we'll post in a sticky, and i think we should add that to it.

we may make a special forum for the meet-ups but in the meantime check out the hyper-stylie new thread prefixe alex has cooked up just so they'll stand out !! he's already added the prefix to the existing threads ; any future ones should use as well so that people can see them easily.

if there is no meetup near you, you can start one yourself !

and if you just want to see ONE specific device, don't miss THE HOOKUP THREAD !!! where you too can bribe, cajole, beg and otherwise entice our generously endowed members into showing off their beloved liseuse in a café or other public meeting spot of your choice and mutual convenience, or propose to show off your device to whoever is around and interested.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert