Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Abrazarse
Abrazarse began at the beginning.

Device: None
Post Calibre & Metadata (Inability to d/l cover)

If this is wrongly formatted, I apologise, my 1st post.
I have a new problem with Calibre, up until today I have been merrily downloading both covers and data without problem. Now I am told the download cannot be completed and receive the following;

calibre, version 0.9.14 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Failed to download metadata: Failed: Download metadata for 1 books

Starting job: Download metadata for 1 books
Job: "Download metadata for 1 books" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\bulk_download.py", line 240, in download
Exception: Failed to download metadata. Original traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 210, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\worker.py ", line 52, in main
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'C:\\Users\\Andy\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_0 .9.14_tmp_nlq9sd\\0sz9jm_metadata_bulk'

Called with args: ([927], u'C:\\Users\\Andy\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_0 .9.14_tmp_nlq9sd\\_hcicv_metadata_bulk.log', <calibre.library.database2.LibraryDatabase2 object at 0x0493B090>, True, True, None) {u'notifications': <Queue.Queue instance at 0x0704D9B8>, u'abort': <threading._Event object at 0x06ABCA90>, u'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x06ABCD10>}

I am not computer literate and do not understand the content. If anyone can guide me to a successful rectification of my problem I would be most obliged. Can anyone help please?

(I have entered Calibre in the Firewall. I have also checked the Metadata settings.

Last edited by Abrazarse; 01-12-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to add...
Abrazarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Something on your computer (most likely your antivirus program) is preventing calibre from accessing its temporary files. Disable your antivirus program or (if you know how) exclude calibre from it. You can also try running calibre as administrator, that sometimes convinces a/v programs to let it be.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Abrazarse
Abrazarse began at the beginning.

Device: None
I do not know the remedy for the problem but running as administrator does allow me to download again. Thank you for a very prompt (and effective) response
Abrazarse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book cover, calibre, metadata, summary