Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Dingo
Enthusiast
Dingo began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe
LED and Trackball notifications

I am confused nobody did not ask for that options, maybe trackball and led can even change colour.

Would be great if I could switch trackball off while using e-ink side etc...

anyone ?
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
What exactly are you asking?

As far as I can tell the trackball is lit by a blue LED so no changing colour. The amount of current drawn by the LED is minuscule.

How good are you with soldering on SMT circuit boards? I ask, because that is what would be needed to switch it off, if you could tap into the backlight of the LCD.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Dingo
Enthusiast

I asked because on the smarthphones to get to controller of the LED you usually just needed su permission.
On my old G1 I was astonished with possibilities.

I assume on trackball is blue is only option but on power button LED should be capable on more than. 3 collors I noticed till now.
Red, amber and green.

Also would be nice to use those colors in combination with blinkinng for notifications like new mail, message, etc.

As for trackball it is anoing when watching video so atleast turn off light option when not needed.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
The first thing you must realise is that the EE is NOT a smartphone and never will be. The tablet side is like an early Android tablet without the phone components.

The LED in the power button is a try colour unit and again is only wired to show those three colours - no amount of programming is going to change that.

I understand what you are saying and what you would like but without a modification to the hardware it isn't going to happen.

One of these days, if I get another EE I might get round to doing a full investigation of the circuits and draw up a diagram. Even with a second working unit on hand I'm loath to mess with a working unit - it goes against all I was taught and all I teach my staff 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Dingo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
The first thing you must realise is that the EE is NOT a smartphone and never will be. The tablet side is like an early Android tablet without the phone components.

The LED in the power button is a try colour unit and again is only wired to show those three colours - no amount of programming is going to change that.

I understand what you are saying and what you would like but without a modification to the hardware it isn't going to happen.

One of these days, if I get another EE I might get round to doing a full investigation of the circuits and draw up a diagram. Even with a second working unit on hand I'm loath to mess with a working unit - it goes against all I was taught and all I teach my staff 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.

thanks
Advert