Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #571
xexijreil
xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: JBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
I these too quickly so photo are a bit blur. Sorry for the focus

Anyway:
1) Just open:
Attachment 85074

2) Open then zoom 100%
Attachment 85075

3) Cropped (by PC software Version):
Attachment 85076
Thanks! Can't see it clearly but it seems readable, isn't it? I'm thinking about getting a JBC, want to use it for university cause I have to print a lot of documents similar to that I uploaded and other sort of pdfs and I think it will save me money in the long run, also weight in my bag.

I also wouldn't like to have to convert or resize every document I upload to the device so it is readable cause it would be a time loss. Hope JBC fits my needs.
xexijreil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #572
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
JBC has the zoom in percentual (80%, 90%, 100%, 120% etc.) but it hasn't at the present moment the two-point-zoom and for this reason I prefer cropping by Pc before loading it in my unit.
I don't know if the new firmware includes this useful feature.

Another thing: if you have the Powerpoint why did you have converted in PDF using 2-slides-per-page layout intead of one-slide-per-page? If you print on paper it make sense because you can carry less pages. But In digital environment you have no need to save page and the slide looks bigger in any device and you will have more space to take hand written notes

Last edited by mod186k1; 04-09-2012 at 04:24 PM.
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #573
xexijreil
xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: JBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
JBC has the zoom in percentual (80%, 90%, 100%, 120% etc.) but it hasn't at the present moment the two-point-zoom and for this reason I prefer cropping by Pc before loading it in my unit.
I don't know if the new firmware includes this useful feature.

Another thing: if you have the Powerpoint why did you have converted in PDF using 2-slides-per-page layout intead of one-slide-per-page? If you print on paper it make sense because you can carry less pages. But In digital environment you have no need to save page and the slide looks bigger in any device and you will have more space to take hand written notes
True I ussually convert it using 4-slides-per-page, don't know why didn't realize that with 1 per page would had been better =)
Really looking forward to read reviews about new firmware ^^ hope that when it comes out it does it full of new features
xexijreil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #574
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
If it supported BT with a stack for keyboard support and sold for $299 I would probably get it in a heartbeat.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #575
Trajan
Trajan began at the beginning.

Device: Previous Kindle 3 | Kindle DX owner
Do you guys know where can i find a side by side comparison on the screen quality of the jetbook against the kindle dx? Thanks!
Trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #576
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
Do you guys know where can i find a side by side comparison on the screen quality of the jetbook against the kindle dx? Thanks!
Trajan,

You can look at some of my posts and pictures here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=170312&page=8
(starting with my post # 110).
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #577
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
Jetbook Color vs Pocketbook PRO 912 video here
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #578
Trajan
Trajan began at the beginning.

Device: Previous Kindle 3 | Kindle DX owner
Enormous help Valentinka! Thank you so much

Many thanks for the video Kris777
Trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #579
Friday13th
Enthusiast
Friday13th began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
i have a question about the folder management of the JBC with the newest firmware. can you put files and folders on your micro sd card as you like and then open the folders and show the files on the JBC? or do you need to make this "My Books" folder and put all the files without subfolders in this folder?
Friday13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #580
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
The folder "my books" must contain your books and pictures.
The only other file type it recognizes is music files, they go in the music directory.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #581
Friday13th
Enthusiast

So without any subfolders? I have a lot of pdfs sorted in a lot of subfolders. If it is necessary to put them all into one single folder it would be really bad. Most stuff is from university and a lot of practicices and solutions are named very similar or equal.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #582
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
You can use subfolders. You can not put more than 299 or something files and folders within one folder. But generally, if you have more than 100 books, it's recommended to put them into subfolders, otherwise browsing to the correct book takes up too much time.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #583
Friday13th
Enthusiast

thanks for your answer.
the package of my JBC came yesterday, but i was not at home so i picked it up today. now i am in university so i cannot test it fully. first impression is positiv.

short story: after mailing to ectaco germany i ordered a white JBC for 400€ and paid directly via paypal. end of last week the status changed to "complete" and this weekend they took the black JBC to their product range. when i saw this, i wrote an email to them and changed my JBC to a black one. now i have the black JBC in my hand =)

i will post some pictures later that day. i can write a (short) comparison between the black JBC, a pixel QI notion ink adam, a ipad 3 and an amazon kindle DXi (i will get the kindle DXi next week) - if anyone is intrested in this.
if there are some PDFs you are intrested in to show on these devices please post it or send me a -one click hoster- link via PN.
i ordered some 2x LED book lights from hong kong (cost only 3€ and works with 3 AAA batteries) and will post some pictures using this lamps in different light conditions.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #584
XMasterrrr
XMasterrrr began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have some questions guys

first of all is it 9.7" for display only or with the outer frame?

is Ectaco reliable on updates? or it just screw everything?

what do you think about buying 10.1 Samsung Galaxy Tab vs Jetbook color?

and is Jetbook color the most reliable e-ink approximately 10" dispaly?

Thanks
XMasterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #585
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMasterrrr View Post
I have some questions guys

first of all is it 9.7" for display only or with the outer frame?

Thanks
That is the screen itself. It is a 4:3 screen. Not the narrower screen that is used on a Galaxy Tab which is 16:9.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, jetbook color, jetbook color review