Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #181
ytsuboi
ytsuboi began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-G1
PRS-G1

Hi porkupan,
Thanks a lot for your great job!!

I tried your tools for my PRS-G1, a 3G modem inside PRS-T1. I believe there are not so much difference.

Quote:
C:\restore-set-jp>ebook_msc.exe name PRS-G1 info
Sony Reader MSC utility 1.06 (c) 2009 Igor Skochinsky, Vladimir Boroda
avail: 0
openDrive [\\.\E:]: 1
usbInitCheck: 0
USB protocol versions:0 (?): 01000000
1 (Device): 01000010
2 (Updater):00000000
3 (?): 01000000
UsbGetDevProperty: 0
Device name: Reader
Device model: PRS-G1
Device version: 1.0.00.11010
Device locked: no
It looks work fine
This application could grab correct device version.
But, when I try fulldmp,
Quote:
C:\restore-set-jp>ebook_msc.exe name PRS-G1 fulldmp
Sony Reader MSC utility 1.06 (c) 2009 Igor Skochinsky, Vladimir Boroda
avail: 0
openDrive [\\.\E:]: 1
usbInitCheck: 0
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock1]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock2]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock3]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock4]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock5]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock6]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock7]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock8]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock9]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock10]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock11]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock12]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock13]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock14]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock15]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock16]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock17]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock18]
Error: no such file? [/dev/mtdblock19]
I have a trouble.
Could you give me any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Well here is a Root Package for Japanese PRS-T1, and a Restore Package. Let me know if they work for you. It's mostly the same as the Russian set, but I removed some of the stuff that shouldn't be needed in Japan, such as Russian Keyboard.
ytsuboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #182
deides
deides began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs t1
notice theres a new Zeam minimal root package.

Is zeam launcher better for the e=ink screen than adw?
deides is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #183
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
Hi Porkupan, I have an idea but I'm not sure will it work.

The directory "/ebook" is read only so we can't change the dictionary and fonts of the original reader.
If make an image that contains a soft link "/ebook" which points to the sdcard/ebook, and flash this image to T1, instead of the original image which directoy "/ebook" located, would this be applicable?

And another question, that is how to backup the total system? Such as the apps installed and the settins modified..., and how to restore it quickly?

Thank you in advance.
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #184
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deides View Post
I havent rooted my t1 yet, but just trying to figure out if I will read up on a procedure to re-size and re-format partitions to include more storage for apps, or if there is another way.

Stumbled on this - from what I understand the t1 is android 2.2?
We should then be able to install apps to an SD card according to this link

http://www.androidtapp.com/android-2...ps-to-sd-card/

Also see this comment on how to do it

**EDIT: Just read the comment under it, and apparently there is an app that allows you to install to SD CARD... Should be standard on this install if it works...

Another idea would be to look at booting android directly from the sdcard. The nook color does this and runs 2.2 as far as I know.
It installs fine, but still, moving apps to SD fails. USB-debugging is activated.
Am I missing anything?
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:25 AM   #185
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Nope, you're facing the present truth.

The T1 has 2.2.1 - just go to Settings -> About (not Sony Settings, but Android Settings after rooting)

In Settings -> Applications you'll also find a button for moving apps to SD which doesn't work either.

But if you find a solution, please post it to the wiki

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...Apps_to_sdcard
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 04:41 AM   #186
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
CoolReader

Just rooted yesterday and tried CoolReader.

I have a few questions:
  • The headline (?) is just clued at the top with only a few space between the screen edge and the letters.
  • The font Amasis looks really ugly - but I thought that is the same font as the Amasis on the original Sony reader software...?

How can I make a screenshot from the T1? (freeware app)
I would like to show both "problems".
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:49 AM   #187
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
I use CoolReader daily on my T1, and it's my preferred reader app.

The title bar font and size can be customized, but I didn't find a way to add a margin between it and the top of the screen. There's a feature request forum on the project page, I suggest you ask for it there.

As for the font, I think that CoolReader has the best font display engine. You may want to try a different font ? I use LexiaDaMa and it looks great...
I can make screenshots if you want !

Also, I recommend updating to the latest version : it's a very active project, with sometimes several versions a day... You'll find they on the project download page, latest is cr3-3.0.53_13...
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #188
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
I use CoolReader daily on my T1, and it's my preferred reader app.

The title bar font and size can be customized, but I didn't find a way to add a margin between it and the top of the screen. There's a feature request forum on the project page, I suggest you ask for it there.

As for the font, I think that CoolReader has the best font display engine. You may want to try a different font ? I use LexiaDaMa and it looks great...
I can make screenshots if you want !

Also, I recommend updating to the latest version : it's a very active project, with sometimes several versions a day... You'll find they on the project download page, latest is cr3-3.0.53_13...
Thanks for the link to the feature request page.

I also will try LexiaDaMa font.

Excuse me, I WANT to make a screenshot that the other could see the "problem". I think that the problem is on my side.

I also mentioned that I can select the NimbisMod font. Is it right that I can use my own fonts for CoolReader? (I copied the NimbusMod to several dirs on my reader because for testing epub with external fonts.)
Old 11-30-2011, 05:25 AM   #189
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Absolutely, you can use your own fonts on your rooted T1, with CoolReader and all other apps. Simply store them on your device, I think that the default place is /Data/data/fonts which is i:/data/fonts when you mount your device on Windows (and if i: is the letter that will be assigned to it).
Old 11-30-2011, 05:35 AM   #190
salines
Zealot

Quote:
Absolutely, you can use your own fonts on your rooted T1, with CoolReader and all other apps. Simply store them on your device, I think that the default place is /Data/data/fonts which is i:/data/fonts when you mount your device on Windows (and if i: is the letter that will be assigned to it).
bold: Yes, there I stored the NimbusMod.

The NimbusMod has 2 faces (?): normal and italic
NimbusMod.ttf
NimbusMod_i.ttf

When I select NimbusMod within CoolReader I get the italic font....

Could you help?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #191
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

It works, though I had to rename them to NimbusMod-Roman.ttf and NimbusMod-Italic.ttf (it's the standard way of naming font files, AFAIK).

But I still prefer LexiaDaMa - screenshots included with both fonts displayed, for your viewing pleasure
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NimbusMod.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	79481   Click image for larger version

Name:	LexiaDaMa.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	79482  
Old 11-30-2011, 06:09 AM   #192
salines
Zealot

I see: LexiaDaMa looks also great.

I will rename the font-files.

Thank you very much for your help!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:36 AM   #193
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

You're welcome, I'm happy that you like LexiaDaMa !
Old 11-30-2011, 06:39 AM   #194
salines
Zealot

Quote:
You're welcome, I'm happy that you like LexiaDaMa !
Jepp, the screenshots were good.

btw, the feature request is created.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #195
salines
Zealot

Does anybody know a good free screenshot app - for the T1?

I need this to take screenshots to help the project "new homescreen" http://code.google.com/p/sonyprst1home/

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony