Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #16
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Case in point. This is a program that I find fascinating and a real service the under privilege

Quote:
Game developer David Braben creates a USB stick PC for $25

...it looks like Ubuntu may be the distro it ships with. That means it will handle web browsing, run office applications, and give the user a fully functional computer...
Quote:
Braben has developed a tiny USB stick PC that has a HDMI port in one end and a USB port on the other. You plug it into a HDMI socket and then connect a keyboard via the USB port giving you a fully functioning machine running a version of Linux. The cost? $25.
So this would be for that section of the under-privileged that has HDMI-capable TVs then?
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #17
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
@howyoudoin & cHex: Let me put it in perspective. Creating an underpowered unusable device for the under privileged is not a noble deed, it is a downright disservice. You both might feel lofty ans smug in your reply but you do it at the comfort of a decent machine while arguing that this tablet, which neither of you would be happy to use is good enough.
The quality of health care that the majority of people in the world have access too is much poorer than I do, but still better than nothing.

The quality of education that the majority of people in the world have access to is much poorer than I do, but still better than nothing.

The quality of drinking water that the majority of people in the world have access to is much poorer than I do, but still better than nothing.

You get the idea.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #18
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
@howyoudoin & cHex: Let me put it in perspective. Creating an underpowered unusable device for the under privileged is not a noble deed, it is a downright disservice. You both might feel lofty ans smug in your reply but you do it at the comfort of a decent machine while arguing that this tablet, which neither of you would be happy to use is good enough.
Speak for yourself. 17 y/o me would have jumped at the opportunity to own this at this price.

Quote:
Going Android 2.2 on a 366MHz processor is good enough to do little and next to nothing. I've tried writing on my nook overclocked at 1Ghz and long document start to lag. They should have put more thought into the desing and use an OS that could work well with that processor.

Case in point. This is a program that I find fascinating and a real service the under privilege

=X=
That's cute. Does the monitor come free?
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
This is excellent!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #20
dihao168
Banned
dihao168 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
just saw before on TV news
dihao168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert