Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
hmgreen
Enthusiast
hmgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -600, -900, Kindle 2, Touch, PW1 (all gone), PW2, Voyage
Smile Anyone upgrading their K3 for the Kindle Touch

I am upgrading from a K3 with 3G and WiFi to a Kindle Touch with the same and special offers. Anyone else? If so, why are you and if not, why not? Just curious....
hmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
I've ordered one for review purposes anyway but I think that I'll transition from K3 to KT as my main reading device because I like smaller form factor achieved by eliminating keyboard, but on-screen keyboard + 5 way is too much hassle to use. So on-screen touch keyboard is a nice compromise. KT also doesn't cut costs like K4NT (audio, 3G, battery)
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I have no plans to upgrade. I like my K3 just fine, and actually prefer the buttons to a touch screen.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Yep, I'm making the switch. Plan on getting the KTSOwf. I don't like the keyboard, because I don't use it. I welcome the smaller form factor of the Touch.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
No plans to buy since the one I have works just fine, but if the K3 were to suffer some sort of misfortune, I'd be open to the Touch.
Of course, I would have to try it out since I haven't really cared for any of the touch screen e-readers that I've tried so far. Try to turn the page and I end up highlighting a bunch of text; try to tap a word to bring up the dictionary and I end up turning the page.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I had planned too but the verdict is still out. I'm now leaning towards a PRS-T1 instead. But I will say if the touch had been out I would of gotten it instead of the K4 NT probably.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
I was seriously considering (I love having the latest tech), but then I decided that I would rather keep my free internet
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
You betcha. I've been wanting a Special Offers Kindle, and I do like using the touchscreen on my Sony 950.

I don't consider it an "upgrade," so much as a complement to my existing Kindles.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #9
lumanz
lumanz began at the beginning.

Device: Bold 9000/Kindle Keyboard/Kindle Touch
Me! me! preordered.
lumanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:27 AM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
If the screen is better then the K4 I will gladly upgrade but if the same screen is the same as the K4 then I am keeping my K3.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #11
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
I was seriously considering (I love having the latest tech), but then I decided that I would rather keep my free internet
I still have one on order in case Amazon has a change of heart, but failing that I will be canceling and will just keep the K3 3G, the upgrades to the Touch aren't enough to make up for the loss of 3G web access
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #12
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I feel the same as Pigeon, it's not a replacement for my K3, it's a complement. I ordered the Kindle Touch as soon as it was announced but I plan on keeping my K3.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmgreen View Post
I am upgrading from a K3 with 3G and WiFi to a Kindle Touch with the same and special offers. Anyone else? If so, why are you and if not, why not? Just curious....
No, because Amazon are not currently making the Touch available to people outside the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #14
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Not quite the situation for me. I have moved to the iPad 2 as my reader of choice. My Kindle 3 is now the property of my fiancee. I did however pre-order a Kindle Touch for my mom's birthday present, with a purple lighted case .
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #15
Lizzie in Ma
Connoisseur
Lizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to all

Device: Nook, Kindle 3, Vizio 8" tablet runn and Samsung Galaxy running Aldiko
I love my K3 and in particular the keyboard. No plans to change.
Lizzie in Ma is offline   Reply With Quote