Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
JoelH
Enthusiast
JoelH began at the beginning.

Device: none
Rooted: How to read in browser (stock)

Hi

I try to open lokal (sd-card) html-files in the stock browser on my rootet t2.
But the browser don´t allow this. A error message with info on how to conect to wifi.
Can i make this work somehow?
I want to read in stock browser, for the paginated reading. I can use the hardvare buttons to change page. Do not need to scroll, witch is a pain on the t2 reader.
I tryed with this ap: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Any suggestions ?
J
JoelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Stock browser does not allow access to files from local storage (e.g. "file:///" protocol) - this is security feature (and a standard thing for Android).

I do not know what exactly app you are pointing to is doing - however on Sony PRS there are actually 3 browsers:

1. Standard one from Google - never visible and I am not sure how to open it. Chances are however that this is the browser your app is trying to use - since it was not written for Sony.
2. Sony modified browser - the one you actually see (with paging).
3. Another Sony modification used when opening Sony Reader store.

Your best bet to read html files would be to use some application on PC and convert them in supported e-book format (epub?)...
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #3
JoelH
Enthusiast
JoelH began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
Stock browser does not allow access to files from local storage (e.g. "file:///" protocol) - this is security feature (and a standard thing for Android).

I do not know what exactly app you are pointing to is doing - however on Sony PRS there are actually 3 browsers:

1. Standard one from Google - never visible and I am not sure how to open it. Chances are however that this is the browser your app is trying to use - since it was not written for Sony.
2. Sony modified browser - the one you actually see (with paging).
3. Another Sony modification used when opening Sony Reader store.

Your best bet to read html files would be to use some application on PC and convert them in supported e-book format (epub?)...

Thank you. Not the answer i was hoping for
I got Instapaper.com, and getpocket.com to work. But now they are still missing paginated page turns (only scrolling),
But an update are coming now to instapaper with pagination

If you stumble upon a way to use the pagination in browser, please write a line.
J

Last edited by JoelH; 12-28-2012 at 03:26 AM.
JoelH is offline   Reply With Quote