Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
coreslogic
coreslogic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Smile Gaming on the Arc

To my pleasant surprise, the Arc is very capable of delivering smooth gaming performance. Just tried out need for speed most wanted and the game play is smooth and tilt control is just about right. The speakers are putting out great sound.

Another graphics intense game is Dead Space and it is just running without a hitch on the Arc. Just goes to show Arc is much more capable and versatile than just an e-Reader tablet.

Might give some others a try later and share the experience.
coreslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
i think people are coming at this from the wrong angle. it is not an ereader first,tablet second. It is a tablet first and foremost that is a good ereader. Kobo didn't need anymore ereaders. you don't need nexus7/kindle fireHD rivalling spec to read books, you do if you want multimedia capability, an all singing all dancing sound and light extravaganza.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
mackin89
mackin89 began at the beginning.

agree i have also got dead space and need for speed and they are both running great

Great big war game wont run on my arc which is a shame as its a purchased app and its not even as graphically intensive as the two above which run perfect.

asphalt 7 is running with shocking graphics compared to my s3 but looking at the reviews on playstore it appears a recent update has made a lot of peoples mess up big time.
mackin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Sadly, GTA and (especially sadly) GTA: Vice City (being the only big, non-casual games I'd actually consider buying for Android) aren't showing up in the Play Store for me when searching through the Arc. Searching through the web site shows they're flagged as not compatible (which is weird - I've no problem finding other not-compatible apps through the store app). Damnit, Rockstar! Let me give you money!
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
coreslogic
coreslogic began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
i think people are coming at this from the wrong angle. it is not an ereader first,tablet second. It is a tablet first and foremost that is a good ereader. Kobo didn't need anymore ereaders. you don't need nexus7/kindle fireHD rivalling spec to read books, you do if you want multimedia capability, an all singing all dancing sound and light extravaganza.
you have no idea how hard i have to convince friends to understand that. even the whole n7 quad core vs arc dual core was a challenge in itself.
coreslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreslogic View Post
you have no idea how hard i have to convince friends to understand that. even the whole n7 quad core vs arc dual core was a challenge in itself.
There are none so blind as them who will not see
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote