Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #106
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
cr3-0-41-06

Issue:

The Table of Contents works on some books and not others?

In one book, I got page 1 on the right hand side for each and every chapter. The TofC for this book works fine on Aldiko and Moon+ Reader.

Cheers
Could you send me such book for testing?
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #107
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Could you send me such book for testing?
Sure. Where do I send it?

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 03:33 AM   #108
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sure. Where do I send it?

Cheers
I've sent you my email in private message.

BTW, new version is uploaded to Market and SF.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:52 AM   #109
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Buggins, Market alerted me to the update, and this version works without the strange, miniature writing that I had. I have no idea what's happened, I simply opened a proof job and the font was where it should be at. So thanks!
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #110
Buggins
Zealot

New version uploaded.
ColorDict and Fora Dictionary support added.
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #111
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi Buggins, any thoughts to making it easier to increase/decrease font size? I do like the moon+ reader's option to increase/decrease font size by flicking right edge.

As someone who is at an age where reading with my glasses on and off requires adjustments of font size, this would be a great function to have.

Cheers
Old 01-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #112
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Hi Buggins, any thoughts to making it easier to increase/decrease font size? I do like the moon+ reader's option to increase/decrease font size by flicking right edge.

As someone who is at an age where reading with my glasses on and off requires adjustments of font size, this would be a great function to have.

Cheers
Changing of font size requires full book reformatting on CoolReader.
Accidental flicking what causing 3-10 seconds of reformattign could be annoying.
But assignment of zoom in/out function to key or tap action is easy to implement.
Would it be enough?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:28 AM   #113
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Just switched!

I came to this thread, read some bits, downloaded Coolreader, FBreader and Aldiko. Opened books in all of them. Tasted them.

Cool reader was cooler than Icecream and has all features any book reader would "LOVE" to have! It's the best reader! I have permanently switched to CoolReader. Can't be more satisfied.

Last edited by Nexutix; 01-21-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #114
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Changing of font size requires full book reformatting on CoolReader.
Accidental flicking what causing 3-10 seconds of reformattign could be annoying.
But assignment of zoom in/out function to key or tap action is easy to implement.
Would it be enough?
That would be perfect
Old 01-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #115
macr0t0r
Connoisseur
macr0t0r doesn't littermacr0t0r doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680, Sony Reader
So, I decided to try this out again to compare against FBReader and Aldiko again. New comments!

1: You added dictionary support for ColorDict! This was another excellent feature of FBReader that was lacking. Thanks!

2: Being able to assign touch actions to the 3x3 grid is simply genius. I'm hooked on it.

3: Page breaks seem to be working much better now. I still have the occasional book that doesn't have a page-break before the chapter, but I'm sure that's just a CSS issue that I'll have to look into. Overall, I'm quite happy with the formatting.

3: Footnote/Endnote/Links: We're almost there. Links still ignore anchors, so they always go to the beginning of the html file. Most authors create a page per endnote, so in most cases it's okay. I have to use the "Back" function since the "return" link will always take me to either the beginning of the chapter or the beginning of the book. On a happier note, I really like that you follow links with a long-press. Aldiko and FBReader are frustrating if the link is on the margin, as it'll usually turn the page instead of follow the link. It's a toss-up between the two.

Really, the only remaining issue for me is following inline links. Get that fixed, and I'll happily switch and grab me a bronze or silver edition! A couple references here on inline footnotes/endnotes:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85997
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61913
http://www.epubbooks.com/blog/183/cr...-epub-document

Thanks!

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #116
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Buggins, you have a PM.

I think you didn't notice.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #117
hama
hama began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Hi I have a Galaxy Tab, but have i understand this right.

Coolreader can´t be used for Pdf files,

I borrow free books from the Library - now I use Aldiko, but can´t change the size of the letters.
hama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #118
Nexutix
Reading and reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by hama View Post

I borrow free books from the Library - now I use Aldiko, but can´t change the size of the letters.
For PDFs; you better go with dedicated PDF readers like ezPDF.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #119
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hama View Post

For PDfs, try Repligo or Adobe Reader.
For Library ebooks, try Overdrive Media Console:
http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc/
For most everything else CoolReader is worth considering.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #120
Tess89
Enthusiast
Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have hundreds of ttf files stored in the fonts folder on my SD card. Unfortunately it's causing the app to crash as soon as it opens. Is there a fix for this? Sorry if its been mentioned before.

Update: Nevermind. I just deleted a hundred or so and now it's back to normal.

Last edited by Tess89; 01-22-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Tess89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader