Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-01-2014, 05:23 AM   #1
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
The New Year?

What is store for the 2014 with your EE or PE? Will it remain the main device or slowly fade to the background replaced by the newest gadget?

Looking very hard at the Samsung Note 8 as it reportedly has the 'best' note taking ability.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Happy New Year Gunner and all.

My EE will continue to get used at work as long as it keeps going. I will admit I am looking for a reasonable priced 10"/12" tablet that has a Wacom digitizer built in (capacitive touch interfaces are so hit and miss being designed for fingers). Then, if such a tablet were found, there would be the need to get a 10" e-ink tablet and marry the two together - something we have been looking into because a client is interested in such an item.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
Got a generic 10.1" tablet for Christmas, perfect for checking out magazines through the library using the Zinio app. PE is still traveling with me.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
As, I said at Christmas, all the PEs and the EE are still chugging along.... With the Note 2, I have pretty fast tablet abilities, with a better if smaller screen. Since I don't really need the note taking abilities of the Edges, I'll keep watching on the sidelines to see if a viable alternative does take shape...

Happy New Year Edgenauts.....

Last edited by Gerrye; 01-02-2014 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Clarification
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I plan on using my PE indefinitely. My EE doesn't get much use, tho. I may actually sell it shortly (if anyone has any interest. Has a 32gb sd card! ). I use my GNII as my primary computing device on the go, though.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2014, 01:20 AM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
My husband got a note 8.0, which he liked for a while -- the stylus works fine, just like my Note II -- but he is using his Kindle to read and his laptop for everything else so the Note 8 is collecting dust at the moment.

I will continue to read on my EE as long as it holds up. As Gerrye said, if I need more power in a tablet I have my Note II. Oh, and I just got a new laptop which is pretty snazzy. But no single-screen device will ever be as good as the EE/PE for reading and solitaire/crossword-type gaming. (In my humble opinion!)

Samsung may be coming out with a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, which should (I hope!) have their digitizer and stylus.

Last edited by Filark; 01-03-2014 at 01:28 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #7
JBrondos
eDGe Panegyricist
JBrondos has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: enTourage eDGe
Red face Chugging (and lurking) along

1) are replacement batteries still available for EE anywhere at a reasonable price? I have been using my EE sparingly figuring it will be good as long as the battery lasts - through perhaps indefinitely if plugged in.

2) Where can I find instructions on how to wipe all personal information off the EE if I decide to sell it?

3) I did buy an ASUS Eee SL101 Slider, but honestly, nothing really compares to the EE in innovation.

It was/is a beautiful piece of work and I wonder if we'll ever see another device with both a very readable paper-white screen AND a full color screen - handy in SO many ways.

4) This is probably a foolish question, but is there any way to "root" the EE to install a more up-to-date Android OS and Flash - or HTML5?

Sorry for lurking so long and saving all my questions into one reply. New Year's house cleaning . . .
JBrondos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #8
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrondos View Post
1) are replacement batteries still available for EE anywhere at a reasonable price?
2) Where can I find instructions on how to wipe all personal information off the EE if I decide to sell it?
4) This is probably a foolish question, but is there any way to "root" the EE to install a more up-to-date Android OS and Flash - or HTML5?
JBrondos;
1) There are batteries on eBay from time to time, however review this forum as one member got a bad one'
2) See #142 in the EE Knowledge base epub at this LINK, My Dropbox Public/Docs folder;
4) Entourage never released the complete SDK, though some members have worked some magic. But with faster and never devices the talent has moved on...

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 01-05-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Corrected LINK
Old 01-05-2014, 11:56 PM   #9
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
If you want a newer browser, Next Browser runs well https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iubang.browser
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #10
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
What is store for the 2014 with your EE or PE? Will it remain the main device or slowly fade to the background replaced by the newest gadget? Looking very hard at the Samsung Note 8 as it reportedly has the 'best' note taking ability.
Well maybe no Note for me, as after updating a PE via there might not be a need. Trying out "Handy Note (Free)" from the Play Store!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #11
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Well maybe no Note for me, as after updating a PE via there might not be a need. Trying out "Handy Note (Free)" from the Play Store!

Free from 1Mobile as well:

http://www.1mobile.com/handy-note-free-831168.html

Pro version is available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/AppBody-Handy-.../dp/B0081JPTCQ
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:57 PM   #12
Triskalleon
Enthusiast
Triskalleon began at the beginning.

Device: none
I got a Fire HDX, unasked for, for Christmas. Felt like the Grinch's uncle telling the giver that it was so crippled by Amazon that it couldn't do any of things that I'd like to do with it, like run car apps or work with a Bluetooth GPS, so please send it back and give me the money instead. It's a great monument to mindless commerce, but as a personal computing device, it's the flea on the Grinch's rump. I would have gone for a Nexus 7, but got the money and bought a BIKE. Not that I'm so much a Luddite, but I'm getting bigger and bigger sitting on my rumpus. I also got a Steelcase Leap desk chair, so now I'm sitting more ergonomically on my rumpus and getting bigger and bigger with better posture. I can't wait for spring to arrive.

I bide my time downloading apps from the Play Store and Amazon App store and leaving reviews about them not working on Froyo (so why do they even OFFER the apps to me? Don't they know what OS versions the stuff they push will run on?).

Last edited by Triskalleon; 02-14-2014 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Typo
Triskalleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:20 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Fire is sold as an Amazon content-consumption device, a task which it excels at. It doesn't make sense to buy a Fire for someone who isn't an Amazon customer.

Last edited by HarryT; 02-15-2014 at 05:06 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #14
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Keep an eye on http://n2aos.com/ for making the K Fire worthwhile :-) I did the first fire and it works quite well.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote