Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Lost cover art on 'Synching'

I synched my kobo using the kobo app for PC that it came with and now I've lost all the cover art that came with the pre-installed books. It also has reset all my 'currently reading' books to page one. Has anyone else had any issues like this?
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
srid
srid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
It's a bug -- notify help@kobobooks.com.
srid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast
Bureaucromancer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I've also had this happen. It seems to affect any book loaded through the desktop software as well as the preinstalled ones, when I added a new book after this started the cover appeared with the first sync, and disappeared with the next. To clarify, the images themselves still EXIST, they just don't appear as thumbnails in lists on either the reader or the desktop software.
Bureaucromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
lchen
Connoisseur
lchen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo EReader
Same thing happens to me in the Currently Reading section.
lchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
bamelin
Enthusiast
bamelin began at the beginning.

Also happened to me in my "What I'm Reading" list. Bought a book off Kobo book store, synced to reader, image cover is gone in reading list.
bamelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
somecanuck
Enthusiast
somecanuck is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Guys, check your Calibre settings. By default, Calibre stores the cover as a separate image for EPUB files. Same with meta-info in an OPF file. You want to change that so that the cover and metainfo are included within the EPUB. I have had no lost covers thus far (40+ books now).
somecanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast

Nothing to do with Calibre, this is happening to the stuff that was preloaded on the reader and that is added with the Kobo app, everything else is fine.

Last edited by Bureaucromancer; 05-03-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucromancer View Post
Nothing to do with Calibre, this is happening to the stuff that was preloaded on the reader and that is added with the Kobo app, everything else is fine.
yep. Still no word from kobo on this. Will post when I hear back. I think they are backlogged at the moment.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #9
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast

My request to Kobo on this just got a reply saying that an update is in the works, and should be released "shortly".
Old 05-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #10
Duiker
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucromancer View Post
My request to Kobo on this just got a reply saying that an update is in the works, and should be released "shortly".
yeah I just got the same thing. They suggested I try synching again but I have no interest in losing my bookmark in my 1000 page book and trying to find that page again. No way. No how!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #11
JC Jutras
JC Jutras began at the beginning.

What I did to retrieve my cover art,

In the reader there is a directory name ".kobo" and inside I found a sub name "tmp" and "images". In "tmp" one directory named "images". I copied all those files into the directory "images" which is in the ".kobo" directory. I use the reset and restarted the Kobo and all the cover art were present.

This worked for me, I hope this will work for you. You should backup the Kobo before doing anything. There is no guaranty that this will work.

Have a good day.
JC Jutras is offline   Reply With Quote