Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #31
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
... I'll have to look elsewhere to see what supernatural powers Mr. Langdon has developed ever since he jumped out of a helicopter.
LOL. God, his books are terrible. I just feel dirty for reading them.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #32
t1mc
t1mc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ericsson P1i
I'm happily reading my converted epub file on my p1i phone using mobipocket.
I bought the book legit from Waterstones, but because they charged me £9.99 I have also installed a copy on a friends phone on the basis that I could buy the printed book in ASDA for £5.00
I think that's fair

By the way I agree with the angle that regional barring is racist, discrimination against somebody because of where they live or come from. Imagine doing that in the real world.
t1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #33
baldman
baldman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
If you did that you would have my undying gratitude!
Well, that souldn't take much time and if there is use case, I am more than willing to give something back to the community. Anyway, what is the best take on this, create some standalone simple app? Or build some sort of plugin for calibre? What do you think?

BTW, if there is a discussion about this, we should probably take it to a separate thread
baldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #34
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
LOL. God, his books are terrible. I just feel dirty for reading them.
Yes, thank you all for pointing out just how bad Dan Brown is. Now all I see are errors, glitches and things that do not make sense.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hmmm. Do you read novels for their factual accuracy, or because they are a "good read"? Errors or no errors, personally I consider Mr. Brown's books to very much fall into the "good read" category.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #36
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

True, Harry. I like the book, I liked pretty much all of Brown's books. But there was this thread about the horrible writing skills of Brown which makes me notice things I previously probably didn't notice.

Anyhow ... I didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #37
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hmmm. Do you read novels for their factual accuracy, or because they are a "good read"? Errors or no errors, personally I consider Mr. Brown's books to very much fall into the "good read" category.
Even this last one? I agree with you in general (A&D and TDVC were wonderful, awful page-turners), but TLS? Boring and predictable.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #38
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Well, the eBook seemed nicely done, in that the graphics were quite legible, but I did think that the ending of TLS was a bit weak and the book just petered out...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:44 AM   #39
t1mc
t1mc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ericsson P1i
Peters Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Well, the eBook seemed nicely done, in that the graphics were quite legible, but I did think that the ending of TLS was a bit weak and the book just petered out...
I'd agree with that. It looks like he created a bit too much in the middle and wasn't quite sure how to conclude it all which was a bit of a pity as I did quite enjoy it.

Also I think I've had my vision of Langdon distorted now though as I don't think Mr Hanks was the best person for the screen (can you imagine his reaction to acting this one out?)....excellent in Green Mile, but woeful in DVC and A&D (glad I read the books before seeing the films!)
t1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:49 AM   #40
mores
Guru

Yeah, I too had problems imagining Gump figuring out those puzzles

(Anyone know the scene in Franc Caliendo's stand up where he mentions that he thought it was odd for Forrest Gump and Apollo 13 to come out in the same year, with the same actor? "Hou-STON we have a pro-BLEM!" "No duh, you got Gump flying the shuttle" ROTFL)

Last edited by mores; 09-25-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:53 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
Even this last one? I agree with you in general (A&D and TDVC were wonderful, awful page-turners), but TLS? Boring and predictable.
I enjoyed it, personally. Not as good as DVC, certainly, but still, IMHO, worth reading.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote