Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 04:33 AM   #91
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
On a sad note, after all the debating, worrying, even BUYING some ebooks, I am taking my ereader back tomorrow unopened
That is bad news, but they are expensive, especially in the current climate.

Two quick thoughts before you do it:

(i) they are more convenient than paper books - if your experience is like mine you will read more. I am delighted with the number of books I have crunched through since Feb, and it is because the Sony is so slim, light and natural to use

(ii) eBooks will get cheaper. They are not more expensive than paper books at the moment, and a differential will emerge. IMHO

If it has to go back, it has to go back. But I think you should treat yourself
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #92
colonel
Enthusiast
colonel began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Red is lovely
good contrast
colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #93
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
I bought the red 505, have only had it for a few weeks but I LOVE IT! I like the red color but if I had it to do again I'd buy blue. The red is reflective when I'm reading at night and I've found I tip the reader to avoid the reflection and realized maybe I should have chosen the blue. But I'm having a blast buying ebooks and reading.

I'm visiting the States in a week and will mail my application to the NY Public library from there. It will be well worth the $100 fee for a non-resident library card to gain access to all those ebooks! I have a US address (forwarding address) and a US credit card and so far haven't had a problem buying books, hope that holds true for the library! I live in Costa Rica.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #94
beledi
beledi is on a distinguished road

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitnpurl View Post
I like the red one. That's the color I have.

Go Team Red!
Just received my red baby yesterday. Oh yes, red! I also have a red cellphone. Candy Apple Red is my favorite color.
beledi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #95
Lycoming
Capt Chaos II
Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2
Is the 505 available in red in the UK now, all the adverts/websites show silver demos? I want to buy one for my wife, she doesn't want a silver one like mine.
Lycoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #96
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
John Lewis do it in red: http://www.johnlewis.com/Technology/...oductType.aspx

(Or get her a silver one and a cover )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #97
Lycoming
Capt Chaos II
Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ta. She'll have an illuminated leather cover and be happy, or else.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #98
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoming View Post
Is the 505 available in red in the UK now, all the adverts/websites show silver demos? I want to buy one for my wife, she doesn't want a silver one like mine.
Here is one on ebay - uk version:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-PORTABLE-...3%3A1|294%3A50

£279.00 Buy It Now

Postage: FREE P&P Royal Mail Standard Parcels
Estimated delivery within 5-7 business days

and another UK link:
http://www.bitesizedeals.co.uk/Sony-...duct_2205.html

£229.00
Shipping: £0.00

Your wife has very fine taste.

Last edited by AbFabGab; 05-03-2009 at 03:09 PM.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #99
Lycoming
Capt Chaos II

All done, on it's way.........

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #100
4436time
4436time began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500/505
I have a silver 505 and a blue 500, and I prefer the latter because I'm left-handed and have turned the leather case 180 degrees from its original position allowing me to hold and push the page turn buttons all with my left hand. Works very well.

B&H Photo sells the blue 505 for $259 w/free shipping:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ital_Book.html

Edit: Oops, didn't see the last post. Oh well, hope this helps anyway.

Last edited by 4436time; 05-14-2009 at 10:07 PM.
4436time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #101
Kirari
Obsessed
Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Red Sony PRS-505
Or! you can just buy the cheapest unit you can find and decalgirlDOTcom it
Kirari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #102
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4436time View Post
I have a silver 505 and a blue 500, and I prefer the latter because I'm left-handed and have turned the leather case 180 degrees from its original position allowing me to hold and push the page turn buttons all with my left hand. Works very well.
I have both a 500 and a 505 (dark 500, silver 505). No noticeable difference in reading contrast with either.

As for flipping the cover, I have no problem using either hand alone on either model. Have you added the hacks for page turn buttons on both sides?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote