Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #271
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
sorry J.C., I was not clear: what I meant to say is that I have uploaded a modified menu image in the other thread - here it is, too: is this the mirror image that works?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cr3_pb_quickmenu.png
Views:	303
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	80625  
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #272
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
sorry J.C., I was not clear: what I meant to say is that I have uploaded a modified menu image in the other thread - here it is, too: is this the mirror image that works?
In the file "white skin for version 0.0.5-1 0.0.6-3 - cr3-Pb-skin51.zip" (bivsumy's Coolreader page )already exists right image, you just rename it. I did so and it works.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:55 PM   #273
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by nausica View Post
In the file "white skin for version 0.0.5-1 0.0.6-3 - cr3-Pb-skin51.zip" (bivsumy's Coolreader page )already exists right image, you just rename it. I did so and it works.
Actually if you just install the skin and it works (at least here) nausica, we're talking about the default skin.

That image looks like cr3_pb_quickmenu1.png from the white skin only larger (at least size wise), but the order of the icons in it isn't right.
I've attached the menu with the correct icon order, but it is small and I was hoping the original would be fixed since it isn't part of a skin but rather built it.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	299
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	80635  

Last edited by J.C.; 01-01-2012 at 12:08 AM.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:20 AM   #274
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Menu image and menu actions are set in the pocketbook theme. Placing menu picture into the skin is a workaround of the problem that menu image in the theme is wrong. We can't fix the problem by placing image to default skin since we can't provide correct image for every broken theme (They are different for 602 and 902 for instance).
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #275
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
The settings for 'Preformatted text' and 'Document embedded styles' still give no indication something has happened when clicked.
When I select these settings their value changes from 'On' to 'Off' Do you mean that this does not happen in your case or what kind of indication do you expect?
Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 AM   #276
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi guys, as I don't have the PB903 with me, I cannot check with absolute certainty which picture is right, but the one I uploaded is not in the original "skin" folder by bivsumi, so it must be the one I've modified, and works for the PB903 - so the one J.C. put up would not work on my device I think (i.e. wrong icon order). However based on what pkbo says about "themes" being different across models, then this is starting to make sense to me (though I wonder why the themes differ across models).

I've edited mine with some very basic editor, probably paint.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:11 AM   #277
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
though I wonder why the themes differ across models
At least they may have different screen size so I think it makes sense to have different themes. But the real question is why actions in the theme do not correspond to the picture stored in the same theme. And the answer is because PB developers do not use themes anymore they have hardcoded menu actions in the programs and just left the pictures in the themes as unused garbage.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #278
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
When I select these settings their value changes from 'On' to 'Off' Do you mean that this does not happen in your case or what kind of indication do you expect?
Here they don't have 'on' or 'off' indicators like other options have, just blank space, so if i click either of them there's no way of telling if something changed or what the current setting is.

Quote:
Menu image and menu actions are set in the pocketbook theme. Placing menu picture into the skin is a workaround of the problem that menu image in the theme is wrong. We can't fix the problem by placing image to default skin since we can't provide correct image for every broken theme (They are different for 602 and 902 for instance).
I was using the default theme at first and now the new theme that came with the 2.1.2 firmware.
My question was, how can that menu be part of the theme its not the same menu that shows up in FBReader, even changing the system language doesn't change the menu image ?

I suppose you answered that already:

Quote:
At least they may have different screen size so I think it makes sense to have different themes. But the real question is why actions in the theme do not correspond to the picture stored in the same theme. And the answer is because PB developers do not use themes anymore they have hardcoded menu actions in the programs and just left the pictures in the themes as unused garbage.
Edit: here is my version of the menu that is more consistent with the one that comes up with fbreader, I suppose fbreader180 has the menu hardcoded as well since its menu matched the one I previously posted.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	391
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	80638  

Last edited by J.C.; 01-01-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #279
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
Here they don't have 'on' or 'off' indicators like other options have, just blank space, so if i click either of them there's no way of telling if something changed or what the current setting is.
Thats odd I don't see these settings somehow differ from for example "Footnotes at page bottom", does it have On/Off indication in your case? Have somebody else encountered similar problems with these settings?
Old 01-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #280
J.C.
Addict

Quote:
Thats odd I don't see these settings somehow differ from for example "Footnotes at page bottom", does it have On/Off indication in your case? Have somebody else encountered similar problems with these settings?
Yes 'Footnotes at page bottom' does have the On/Off indication, those other two don't.
I suppose it could have something to do with default values, I seem to recall a few settings but exactly which, also didn't have any value before I tried different options; Anyhow these two don't give any indication at all.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #281
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Edit: here is my version of the menu that is more consistent with the one that comes up with fbreader, I suppose fbreader180 has the menu hardcoded as well since its menu matched the one I previously posted.
Thanks - if you have no objections, I'll add it to the sticky, as the correct menu for 602 devices.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #282
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
I suppose it could have something to do with default values
Ah, I see, the code assigning default values for these options was commented, I will check with Buggins why was it done. Thanks for letting me know about the issue.

EDIT: It will be fixed in the next build.

Last edited by pkbo; 01-01-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #283
J.C.
Addict

Quote:
Thanks - if you have no objections, I'll add it to the sticky, as the correct menu for 602 devices.
Sure, thats why I posted it in the forum (to share it).
Old 01-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #284
apos
Zealot
apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: 623 Touch Lux, 912 Pro (selled), Surfpad 4 L, Waiting for CAD-Reader !
[MAJOR CHANGE OF THIS POST]
... was originally the post for the german png and xcf for quickmenu.

Finished the wiki page now and removed everything from this post. Please click here to got to the Coolreader wiki page.

Created a new project on the devoloper hub and uploaded things to the ftp server.

Please feel free to contribute, correct there or post here. I am sure, there are a lot of errors or something is missing. Just go ahead and edit the coolreader wiki page.

I'll upload everything to this central point if you like, but I am not able to search this thread of every single PB model or Coolreader variant. So please help me with actual informations (also if they were already posted here) if you see, there is something missing. Within he wiki, please do not link to attached forum files. Someday you might have other interests and don't update the links any more and people will be lead to old stuff. We should use the dev hub instead to manage coolreader files.

If you like to contribute files directly and for a certain amount of time, create an [https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/hub ...developers hub and I'll add to to the uploaders - no prob.

So now it's your turn keeping things centralised

Last edited by apos; 01-10-2012 at 02:01 PM.
apos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #285
paola
Wizard

thank you guys, I've uploaded your files in the sticky, too.