Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #136
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Well I don't know about a comparison page, but it might be good to have tablet devices listed -- particularly as they become more popular for reading.

tablet devices are in the wiki. There is even a category for them and a comparison chart.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #137
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
tablet devices are in the wiki. There is even a category for them and a comparison chart.
Really? I just look and did find them. I'll check again.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #138
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Apple reported the ASP of the iPad was $600, which happens to match the 32G iPad price-but I don't remember ever seeing them report one model was selling better than the other.
Hm good point, the sales rep who sold me the 16GB iPad during mentioned the 32GB was their best selling model. I took it for gospel. Right now as I'm looking for actual data there is nothing to back up my claim.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #139
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
These are your post from today, that use present tense. Please show me where you clearly state at the time of your purchase. I've underlined the quotes I was commenting on

Also I think it is quite juvenal and rude that you have to bold and cap your post. It is one thing to bold when highlighting a quote, and another to respond in such a manner.

=X=
Really? I don't get offended because someone else put some words in bold. I wanted to make my point clear. Maybe if you read the whole thread or the previous one I had about it you will understand. Apologies it I was rude (for you), what I wanted to make clear is that when I bought my iPad 2, there was no wifi model. I mentioned that before and it the main reason why I'm supporting my position about the Xoom.

Either way, I'll be glad to discuss about it on another thread. I don't believe the comparison between both devices was the main topic on this one.

Last edited by jocampo; 04-15-2011 at 02:07 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #140
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
My requirement is that it be wi-fi only and it was my understanding that Xoom does not yet offer that but will shortly.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #141
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
My requirement is that it be wi-fi only and it was my understanding that Xoom does not yet offer that but will shortly.
Your understanding is wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/MOTOROLA-XOOM-.../dp/B0045FM6SU
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #142
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Very cool. Thanks for the info.

Sorry for being off-topic for a few posts.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote