Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Removing the Footer with Page numbers and book title?

Hi,

I got my mum a Kobo for Christmas, which she seems to like to far. This morning I got a call asking how to remove the footer at the bottom of each page where the kobo shows the book title and page numbers.

I don't have the Kobo manual or access to the device, but I was wondering if this was possible?

Thanks!
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
I don't have the Kobo manual
Kobo User manual
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
And to save you trying to look this one up in the link above: no, it is not possible to remove it.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanks, do you think this might be a future feature?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Why would you want it?
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
Stuart_L
Stuart_L began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, EeePC w/ FBReader
I would tend to sympathize with Omro's mother, I don't really care about the page number and title. A little more real estate for the book itself certainly wouldn't hurt. I could do without the page numbers on the right side too, as I plan on reading it from cover to cover, and the Kobo keeps good enough track of my present location in the book. If these things could be shut off, I would do so. They don't bother me very much either ....
Stuart_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:19 AM   #7
JPenguin
Connoisseur
JPenguin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo EReader, Kobo for Palm Pre
While I don't have a problem with the way things are I do think it could be a nice option to have, just like others want the ability to control margins better I think the ability to customize the device for personal preferences would be good. Having said that I do think things like multiple-chapters, page-jumping or more advanced library management/navigation should be more important.
JPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
It would be fantastic for reading comics/manga. I'd like the images to fill the eInk screen from edge to edge.
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #9
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post
It would be fantastic for reading comics/manga. I'd like the images to fill the eInk screen from edge to edge.
Try putting a CBZ file on the latest firmware.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #10
dspitler
dspitler began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
Try putting a CBZ file on the latest firmware.
Sweet, CBR is supported too.
What other file formats does the new firmware support?
dspitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #11
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

JCKobo and dspitler, is this Original Kobo only?
I was so excited and I popped a CBZ (and a CBC, just to check) on my Kobo Wifi and restarted... it said "Processing..." for about one second and then started up. No comics.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post
JCKobo and dspitler, is this Original Kobo only?
I was so excited and I popped a CBZ (and a CBC, just to check) on my Kobo Wifi and restarted... it said "Processing..." for about one second and then started up. No comics.
Unfortunately it is only in the 1.8 firmware. It should be in the next major firmware release we put out for the Kobo Wireless as well.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
ArmorDog
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
Unfortunately it is only in the 1.8 firmware. It should be in the next major firmware release we put out for the Kobo Wireless as well.
I'm really excited for the next release. Can you give us any idea of when that's likely to be? (Even the quarter would be great.)

I promise I won't hold you to it.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #14
Tacty
Zealot
Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One/Kobo Touch/iPad3
still no luck with removing footer and page numbers on the bottom? why? extra real estate on a 6" reader is not small thing...
Tacty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
still no luck with removing footer and page numbers on the bottom? why? extra real estate on a 6" reader is not small thing...
If you sideload the book as an epub (after suitable conversion) the footer is not displayed.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote