Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Jobs: Adobe e-book development team is recruiting

Quick: what's two to the eighth power? 256, of course, and if you knew the answer before you even had a chance to read it, we can say with some confidence that you could be a suitable candidate for one of the following two job positions. The Adobe eBook development team is looking for two motivated individuals to help improving the quality of their products. If you are interested, please contact Peter Sorotokin from the Adobe team through this contact form.

Below are the official job descriptions.

Software QE Developer.

Position Summary:
The Adobe Digital Publishing group is seeking a Software Quality Engineer.
The candidate will join a QE team that is responsible for Adobe’s Reader Mobile SDK, Digital Editions and Content Server. As a member of this high quality team, your responsibilities will include designing, developing and deploying test tools and test code for the Reader Mobile SDK and Content Server.
The candidate will work closely with the development team to identify appropriate test strategies, communicate and work with other QE teams to leverage and coordinate test efforts (as appropriate) and establish test coverage approaches. You will help drive the delivery of successful, cutting edge technology by working on a team with other highly talented Development and Quality Engineers.

Knowledge & Skills:
  • Minimum of five years software engineering experience.
  • BS in Computer Science or relevant experience
  • 3-5 Years of Automation/ Whitebox testing experience.
  • Experience developing automated testing; white box testing framework.
  • Self motivated and ability to communicate well with different functional groups.
  • Strong software design and development skills
  • Desire to be on a highly productive, fast-paced team.
  • Knowledge of C/C++ and/or Java required.
  • Excellent trouble-shooting skills.
  • Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and pinpoint issues at a very granular level.
  • Strong scripting abilities, preferably JavaScript, Perl, or PHP.
  • Relevant work experience with at least two of Windows, Mac, or Linux is required
  • Knowledge of XML is a plus.
  • Professional on the job experience using Flash and Action Script is a plus.

Reader Mobile Support Engineer.

Position Summary:
The Adobe Digital Publishing group is seeking a Support Engineer for the Adobe Reader Mobile SDK.
The candidate will join a team that is responsible for Adobe’s Reader Mobile SDK, Digital Editions and Content Server. As a member of this high quality team, your responsibilities will focus on providing customer support for the large number of firms (e.g. Sony, Amazon and others) that have licensed the RMSDK. The support role comprises two major parts: answering questions, diagnosing problems and generally helping our customers successfully integrate the RMSDK into their devices. The second part is to handle the certification process for new devices developed by our customers. You will also be helping to develop scripts and sample applications that assist with the integration process for our customers. Finally, you will also be helping to improve the supporting documentation.
The candidate will work closely with both the core development team and the quality engineering team. You will help our customers develop and deploy the next generation eBook devices, working on a team with other highly talented Development and Quality Engineers.

Knowledge & Skills:
  • Minimum of five years software engineering experience.
  • BS in Computer Science or relevant experience
  • Working knowledge of C/C++ is required.
  • Self motivated and possessing ability to communicate well with different functional groups.
  • Ability to learn quickly and switch contexts easily
  • Desire to be on a highly productive, fast-paced team.
  • Excellent trouble-shooting skills.
  • Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and pinpoint issues quickly
  • Knowledge of XML and/or PDF is a plus.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
What about a "dedicacted horse whisperer for the needs of eBook users"? Adobe, among others, sure could use one in their team ...
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I can't apply. I'm retired and enjoying it. Besides I can't even spell C!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Which continent/country/city?
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Surely you need a tech writer with long experience with Acrobat and ebooks... ;-)
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2009, 01:42 AM   #6
Peter Sorotokin
speaking for myself
Peter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it is

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
What about a "dedicacted horse whisperer for the needs of eBook users"? Adobe, among others, sure could use one in their team ...
Are you volonteering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post
Which continent/country/city?
San Jose, CA, USA
Peter Sorotokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:09 AM   #7
worxland
Connoisseur
worxland began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Paperwhite
If after 5 yrs of sw engineering (as required) all you are supposed to know is that 2^8=256 (as written) then I fail to see why I should apply.
worxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:24 AM   #8
Peter Sorotokin
speaking for myself
Peter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it is

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Surely you need a tech writer with long experience with Acrobat and ebooks... ;-)
If we could get funding for such position, surely we could use some help there as well...
Peter Sorotokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worxland View Post
If after 5 yrs of sw engineering (as required) all you are supposed to know is that 2^8=256 (as written) then I fail to see why I should apply.
That was a joke on my part. Apologies if it wasn't immediately apparent.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:51 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I can't apply. I'm retired and enjoying it. Besides I can't even spell C!
You're doing alright with that!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:16 AM   #11
worxland
Connoisseur
worxland began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Paperwhite
that's OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I wasn't quite serious about the matter either.
worxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #12
pwjone1
Bookie
pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well, I actually could check off most (not quite all) of the items in the job listing, but I doubt you could afford me, so this is not an application, but more of an observation. I've always liked Adobe and especially PDFs, seems like the only thing to this day that pretty much displays on just about any device, so the company is to be commended for that, but two observations about recent Adobe endeavors:

1. Pricing of the software is generally pretty awful (very high)
2. Recent Software quality has been the polar opposite of the pricing (very low)

So I am very glad to see Adobe at least (finally) start to act on #2. The bugs in Adobe Digital Editions have been simply awful.

But I do wish you luck, the Balkanization of the eBook field has really been pretty awful, and I've always felt that if Adobe ever got its act together on the quality front, that would go a long ways towards sorting things out.

Good luck!
pwjone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #13
kaan
Connoisseur
kaan will become famous soon enoughkaan will become famous soon enoughkaan will become famous soon enoughkaan will become famous soon enoughkaan will become famous soon enoughkaan will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony prs-505
Interesting job description ... wrong continent :-/
kaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #14
pwjone1
Bookie
pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I got the joke, but then I have over 5 years in the field , and probably would have answered the 2**8 question with (0x)100 . Might as well have some fun with the job listing, and at least Adobe's hiring, which isn't a given in the industry these days.
pwjone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Darn! I need a job, but far from meet the requirements.
I did know 2^8=256 before I read it though :-/
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote