Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Kindle DX is the probable new name

You may have heard about the leaked pictures yesterday, and the rumored name: Kindle DX.
As of the last night, the link amazon.com/kindledx did not work. Now it leads to a page that shows the K2 plus kindle accessories. I expect Amazon to replace the current page with the new porduct info once it has been formally announced.

If you're wondering why it matters, amazon.com/kindle2 and amazon.com/kindle lead to the Kindle product page. Amazon wouldn't use these high level URLs if they didn't lead to a product.

Last edited by Nate the great; 05-06-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
any speculations on what the significance of "DX" could be ? does it mean anything ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I thought it was going to be Fiona DX.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I thought it was going to be Fiona DX.
i think that was just the top secret code name during developpment.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Double X (as in Extra Large)?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Double X (as in Extra Large)?
sounds plausible to me...
Old 05-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
sounds plausible to me...
I've heard rumors that it's supporting PDF and will be promoted as a textbookreader and will feature numerous annotation possibilities. I think the textbook angle is most interesting, though.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #8
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Pronouncing "Dx" aaaalmost sounds liks "docs"... Okay, far fetched.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I've heard rumors that it's supporting PDF and will be promoted as a textbookreader and will feature numerous annotation possibilities. I think the textbook angle is most interesting, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Pronouncing "Dx" aaaalmost sounds liks "docs"... Okay, far fetched.
actually the (somewhat forced...) allusion to "docs" combined with the focus on educational uses is pretty convincing i think. that could well be the idea behind the name. it will be very interesting to see how exactly they implement their announced annotation features.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
Indigo Ink
The curious one!
Indigo Ink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook, Ebookman 901
Some how when I see DX, I automatically associate it with delux so I pressumed that's what it meant.

But then I can always be wrong... or right ...hmmm
Indigo Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #11
Indigo Ink
The curious one!
Indigo Ink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook, Ebookman 901
Actually on second thoughts since this is Zelda's thread she gets to decide what 'DX" means...so then I could be right..or wrong
Indigo Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Ink View Post
Actually on second thoughts since this is Zelda's thread she gets to decide what 'DX" means...so then I could be right..or wrong
well, i asked the question, but it doesn't belong to me ! and i don't have any inside information (so far... ) to tell us who is right or wrong... so please feel free to speculate away ! there are no limits depending on who asked the question first... we might even get an answer from amazon soon.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Pardon my skepticism, please. While I would love to see this device be the beginning of the end of massive, over-priced textbooks with new editions released every year or two, I prefer for the moment to think that the DX stands for delusion. But we'll just have to see. Has anyone seen my prozac?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:19 AM   #14
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
What does Bezos do when criticisms of the new large screen model in the Kindle line are hurled? He dx.
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #15
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
I'd be more interested in displaying journal articles and A4/Letter sized documents on such a device than textbooks personally. You can't purchase the etextbooks in Australia anyhow.. :/
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote