Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
2000+ books on the carousel? I'm surprised it holds that many. It may not have been the cause of the problem but I wouldn't do that.
Well it's not like I can change the number of books I have on archive. By year's end it will probably be up to 5000 with Amazon's freebies and book sales. All I can do is keep clearing the thing. My old one was clean and now my new one is too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post

I know that you've added/subtracted apps since then, but here are the self-installed apps that you had as of December 5th, as you listed in this post.

Hope that helps. I'm happy that your new Fire seems to be even better than the first!

Thanks those are after the app that could of caused the keyboard not displaying correctly. When I first got it people were pming me or asking me to test this app and that. I know now not to do that.
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #63
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
See this post by Salsaguy on Jan 21, 2012:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...157184&page=26

He shows which keys had second functions and that was more than the top row. He did not mention that numbers showed on the keys in the top row.

Since the Kindle Keyboard Update, those other keys do NOT have second functions but the top row now displays the numbers. In addition, those second functions of the other alpha keys now are all on a distinct row separately displayed.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #64
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
See this post by Salsaguy on Jan 21, 2012:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...157184&page=26

He shows which keys had second functions and that was more than the top row. He did not mention that numbers showed on the keys in the top row.

Since the Kindle Keyboard Update, those other keys do NOT have second functions but the top row now displays the numbers. In addition, those second functions of the other alpha keys now are all on a distinct row separately displayed.
Hmm. My keyboard does all of those things he describes. And I do have the numbers showing on the top row. So nothing new here.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #65
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
I think my Fire is now locked up just like Blossoms did last week!!!!!
For no reason whatsoever it wont get past the lock screen.
At 1st it was stuck at the swipe lock screen.

I tried the 20-30 second power down reboot and now its stuck at the "Do you want to shut down" screen but accepts no input. It just sits there with the Shut down button highlighted/glowing but its like light grey over the screen as if it was thinking about doing the shut down routine when it locked and then got stuck.

I did NOT have Go Launcher running at all the past 2 weeks and there was no reason at all for this to happen.

I charged it all the way up and still noting

I havent tried to hook it up to the PC yet but that is next

Any ideas?
No I havent called customer service yet

I DONT want to return it when its only 2 months old

I was on v6.2.2 for the Fire and had installed Go Launcher 2.75 but like I said hadnt used it in a long time and definitely didnt do anything strange right before this issue.

Blossom please send me the info on that site you read about after you had sent yours in

Im wondering if Amazon is monitoring or somehow can tell who has installed alt launchers and are purposely sending code to make it crash so you have to send it in!

CRY CRY CRY

I want my Fire back

Last edited by salsaguy; 01-28-2012 at 11:54 PM.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #66
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I tried the 20-30 second power down reboot and now its stuck at the "Do you want to shut down" screen but accepts no input. It just sits there with the Shut down button highlighted/glowing but its like light grey over the screen as if it was thinking about doing the shut down routine when it locked and then got stuck.
I had the exact same thing happen on one of my Android tablets (Acer A100) last week!

I was freaking out because I didn't know what to do. Like your Fire, it was first stuck on the swipe lock screen, and then it got stuck on the "Do you want to shut down" screen when I tried to power down. No touch response at all. I just kept trying to power down by holding the on/off button, and after several attempts it finally responded. It's been fine since then (knock on wood). I wonder if it's just an "Android thing"?

I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but the lockup occurred right after I had charged the tablet. I may have installed a new app or two that day, but I don't recall. My other tablet (Acer A500) hasn't had a similar problem and it has the same apps on it.

I hope you're able to revive your Fire, but if not, I'm sure that Amazon will take care of the problem.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #67
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
I think my Fire is now locked up just like Blossoms did last week!!!!!

I did NOT have Go Launcher running at all the past 2 weeks and there was no reason at all for this to happen.

I charged it all the way up and still noting

I havent tried to hook it up to the PC yet but that is next

Any ideas?
No I havent called customer service yet

I DONT want to return it when its only 2 months old

I was on v6.2.2 for the Fire and had installed Go Launcher 2.75 but like I said hadnt used it in a long time and definitely didnt do anything strange right before this issue.

Blossom please send me the info on that site you read about after you had sent yours in

Im wondering if Amazon is monitoring or somehow can tell who has installed alt launchers and are purposely sending code to make it crash so you have to send it in!

CRY CRY CRY

I want my Fire back
Did you try a hard reset? Hold the power button in for 30 seconds. This should reboot the device. If that doesn't work try it with the KF plugged into the charger then hold power button for 30 seconds and see if it resets if that doesn't work plug into the computer and see if that brings it to life. You can also try resetting the KF while it's plug into the PC. These all the steps Kindle Support gave me.

I suggest if you do get back in a factory reset maybe in order to make sure it doesn't happen again.

If none of that works call Kindle support and they will send you a replacement.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-29-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #68
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
My Fire is back and working..
after i posted i just left it sitting on the dresser...
i was then using my Pc for several hours and watching the basketball game.
so i go to check on my 11 yr old son and told him what happened to the Fire and he says no dad i was just using it 15 mind ago and its working fine!
Wow i go check and sure enough..its working
must have fixed itself after a while.
i have no idea but time to clean off some apps to speed things ho a bit.
Phew .. close one....at least for now.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:06 AM   #69
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
That's great news! I hope you don't have any more problems with it.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #70
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
after i posted i just left it sitting on the dresser...
i was then using my Pc for several hours and watching the basketball game.
so i go to check on my 11 yr old son and told him what happened to the Fire and he says no dad i was just using it 15 mind ago and its working fine!
Wow i go check and sure enough..its working
must have fixed itself after a while.
i have no idea but time to clean off some apps to speed things ho a bit.
Phew .. close one....at least for now.
I would do a factory reset if it happens again. I think that installing alot of apps can cause issues with each firmware update. I wish I knew what apps broke mine. I'm very picky now what apps I put on my replacement. I really love my replacement more than my original. It's faster, more responsive and the battery gauge is more accurate.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #71
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just clean up the carousel, delete web history,etc to stay tidy. Maybe then I will be safe.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote