Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Stephen King short story

Stephen King has been fooling around with cell phones again and the result is, well, electric.

It's vintage King in the "Twilight Zone" tradition of suspenseful science fiction. The story is in the October/November issue of Fantasy and Science Fiction magazine, available as a multiformat download at Fictionwise.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
Stephen King has been fooling around with cell phones again and the result is, well, electric.

It's vintage King in the "Twilight Zone" tradition of suspenseful science fiction. The story is in the October/November issue of Fantasy and Science Fiction magazine, available as a multiformat download at Fictionwise.
I'm a big King fan so thanks for posting this.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Yeah, thanks a lot. A whole lot. Damn!

I just went there, had to buy both issues because I didn't want to spent the 50 extra for anything under $5.......

First time buying from them...........but anything for a new Stephen King!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I just went there, had to buy both issues because I didn't want to spent the 50 extra for anything under $5.......
So you spent how much to save $.50? Was it Galager that says "Women save you money buying sh*t".

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So you spent how much to save $.50? Was it Galager that says "Women save you money buying sh*t".

BOb
Yeah, but I got TWO issues. Lots of stories. AND I saved 50 cents!!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:

BOb

And besides, I HATE giving money for no reason!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In case you missed it the last (?) video episode of N. is out today. You can still get it free at NisHere.com.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And besides, I HATE giving money for no reason!
Actually me to. I've bought 1 book at Fictionwise but didn't want to pay the fee so bought like $20 in Micropay too. I still have $15 sitting there. So, did I really save it. Perhaps I'll get this too. Is this in a non-DRM format?

EDIT: Opps never mind opening message answers this question.

BOb
Old 08-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Actually me to. I've bought 1 book at Fictionwise but didn't want to pay the fee so bought like $20 in Micropay too. I still have $15 sitting there. So, did I really save it. Perhaps I'll get this too. Is this in a non-DRM format?

BOb
That might be a good idea.. I just prefer buying from Amazon if I have to buy. Guess its time to 'expand my horizons.........."
Old 08-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That might be a good idea.. I just prefer buying from Amazon if I have to buy. Guess its time to 'expand my horizons.........."
Yep, well, I started with a Sony 500 and their store had very little in it at the time. So, I found other sources. Then I decided to get a Kindle. I still am going back and forth about getting a 505 to augment my Kindle, I like the idea of being able to get ebooks from the library, or getting a second Kindle.

Perhaps I'll do neither if I am able to use the Kindle books on my PRS-500.

BOb

PS: I've only bought one book from Amazon so far, _The Time Cavern_ based on your reco.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I bought mine with the MicroPay dollars I earned by accidentally purchasing The Stand from Fictionwise (I already had it from Amazon). I was confused about how micropay works and ended up spending about $18 on a lit version (which I have converted). So Stephen King is helping me buy more Stephen King.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

BOb
Yes, the Multi-format is always in a non-DRM format. This gives you the choice of downloading the book in a myriad number of formats, and for whatever device you own.

I've bought a large number of books from them in the past 3 months (over 100) and continue to enjoy their selection.

You got me really curious, so I just now went to their site and have this info:

"MultiFormat: Unencrypted eBooks that are available in a variety of formats for handheld devices and computers

When you purchase a MultiFormat eBook, you can download it in any or all of these 12 formats:

Adobe [.PDF]
Microsoft [.LIT]
Palm Doc [.PDB]
Rocket/REB1100 [.RB]
Franklin [.FUB]
Hiebook [.KML]
Sony Reader [.LRF]
Isilo [-IS.PDB]
Mobipocket [.PRC]
Kindle [.MOBI]
OEBFF Full VGA [.IMP]
OEBFF Half VGA [.IMP]"

Hope this helps.
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Bought. $5 of my Micropay... gone.

BOb

Tags
duck!