Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
tstorey
Not a Junior...
tstorey began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, PC, MacBook Pro
Any problem with buying reader in US for use in Canada?

As the title says, I'm considering purchasing a PRS 300 or 600 in the USA for use at home in Canada. Are there any unforeseen hickups to general usage?
Thanks in advance for replies.
tstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
susiereader
susiereader began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader touch
I live in Canada and purchased my sony reader touch edition thru amazon in the states. So far (I've had it two weeks) it works fine for me. But I purchase thru borders or b&n, though I did download a free ebook thru sony's ebookstore. I'm into free. My dad has a library card where he lives in the states and I've used it to borrow ebooks from the library. I haven't tried thru amazon yet. Then again, I purchased my laptop in the states too. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
susiereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
Ellie Kennard
Addict
Ellie Kennard began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
I tried to buy books from the US that are not available in Canada, was told that if I start a US account and register my reader on that account, I will not be able to view my Canadian bought books on the reader any more. But then I can de-register it from the US store and re-register with the Canadian store, and just not be able to view my US bought books on the reader any more.
This is so stupid. If I bought a paperback in the US that was not available in Canada, I could bring it across the border without any problems.
There is a book I am desperate to read, could buy it from Kobo in Canada in mobile or PC version only. In the Sony store it is listed as US only.Which was why I was trying to buy it when I was physically in the US. Not possible without losing my Cdn books.
Ellie Kennard is offline   Reply With Quote