Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
NY Times Crossword Puzzles?

Has anyone tried the NY Times Crossword Puzzles game on the Kindle yet? I was wondering if you can increase the font size? My mother-in-law finds herself restricted to large print crosswords these days and if this would open up more options for her I would consider getting her a K3. Thanks in advance for your help!
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=162
This post doesn't mention readability, perhaps someone else on the forum knows this.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Yes, you can increase the size of the font. Also you can choose to increase the size of the puzzle so that it takes up most of the screen...you do not need to see the questions as the active question (where the cursor is sitting) is printed at the top of the screen. The puzzles work and view very well! My wife and I are avid crossword people (especially NY times) and these are great both visually and in operation. I just hope they keep coming out with new volumes!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Yes, you can increase the size of the font. Also you can choose to increase the size of the puzzle so that it takes up most of the screen...you do not need to see the questions as the active question (where the cursor is sitting) is printed at the top of the screen. The puzzles work and view very well! My wife and I are avid crossword people (especially NY times) and these are great both visually and in operation. I just hope they keep coming out with new volumes!
Thanks for the information, that's just what I wanted to know. Karma to you, I appreciate it!
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
mean_gene
Enthusiast
mean_gene began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/Wifi
Thanks for the info, I was getting ready to buy the set that was on sale but wasn't sure how functional it would be.
mean_gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
kutia
kutia began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
puzzles

Thanks for this thread. I love the NYT crosswords also. Are the puzzles on the Kindle different each day or is it more like a regular book of puzzles?
kutia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:48 PM   #7
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
They are a book of crosswords... Just like the NY times, the day of the week determines the difficulty. The 'Easy' book of 90 puzzles has 30 Monday, 30 Tuesday, 30 Wednesday puzzles. The 'Challenging' book has 30 Thursday, 30 Friday, 30 Saturday. Hopefully they'll come out with a Sunday pack!.....Also, there are multiple options for play including a timer for the extremely competitive, single letter help or word help, solve puzzle, erase puzzle so others can solve, etc....very complete and easy to use.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote