Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
duxbelli
duxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavens

Device: none
annotations in *.prc

hi all,

i have so many questions about annotations on e-books. please forgive me if this is discussed elsewhere, but i haven't been able to find the exact answer.

1) on the iliad 2, are annotations for a *.prc format book saved in a separate *.mbp extension, just as they are with mobipocket reader on my PC?

2) can the *.mbp file be copied and removed, then later imported by just copying and pasting it next to the *.prc file? (i found that this works very well with mobipocket reader on my PC).

3) are there any other formats or reader programs that allow for this same simple control of the annotations file? (regarding epub and adobe, i see the *.annot file, but cannot see a way to import the information back into the *.epub file).
duxbelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
Yes, i think the mbp file hold the information about annotation, highlight, bookmark and the last place you've read in the book. It's really neat actually, all you have to do is copy the prc and mbp file (must have same filename) and you got all the setting with you no matter which device you using (I've done it with my mobipocket desktop and mobipocket reader for nokia)
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert