Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 07:17 AM   #1
ecosse
ecosse began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
offset PRS-700 display ??

Hi all,

I've had my reader since Dec and today when I picked it up the display appears to have corrupted .. ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/31395626@N00/3345848349/ )

I've tried a soft reset and also a hard reset but nothing seems to bring it back to life and now when I power it on the first screen calibration cross appears in the center at the top of the screen .

has any one seen this before or better still got any idea how it can be fixed ?

ecosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
ed1023
ed1023 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
A place to start checking

I had something like this when I took apart my PRS-700. When I put it back together I did not get the connector for the screen back into its socket and seated correctly so when I put it back together and turned it on I saw something a lot like what your picture shows. So I cracked it back open and reseated the connecting ribbon. So if you can’t return the PRS-700 you can crack it open and make sure that everything is connected correctly in site.
ed1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah the screen is broken, you will need to send it to sony to get it fixed. im so sorry for your loss.

sony should be good about getting it back. Just never say you dropped it or anything. dont admit to doing anything to it but taking it out of the box, they will look for some reason not to fix it. dont say it was in your briefcase or back pack, or it was cold yesturday. just say it workedd yesturday, it doesnt today. it is Defective.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Just never say you dropped it or anything. dont admit to doing anything to it but taking it out of the box, they will look for some reason not to fix it. dont say it was in your briefcase or back pack, or it was cold yesturday. just say it workedd yesturday, it doesnt today. it is Defective.

Shhhh they are listening...... :::eerie music:::
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I remember when sony said i voided my warrety for my Playstation (charged 120 bucks) because of using a Mad Catz Controler.

I dont trust sony at all.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
What a bummer
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #7
ecosse
ecosse began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
thanks for all the advice. I'll send it off and see what happens.

Bad news is I got it from someone on ebay in USA and they sent over to the UK, so not sure where I stand with warranty etc. anybody had any good/bad experiances around this type of thing ?
ecosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The best thing to do is find someone in the USA to send it to who can then send it to Sony. It's still under warranty obviously. Even if you only go by the date of release.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote