Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
YvonneA
YvonneA began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Losing Description/Series Information when moving books to Nook

Hi There -

I've skimmed through the forum to see if anyone has had this problem but really didn't come across anything. I use Calibre to convert my ebooks from .pdf's to .epub's. At the same time I customize the books using Calibre to where they show the description and also show what book number they are if they are part of a series as well as having the series name show as well.

After I transfer the books to my Nook Color all of this information is lost so I end up with a series of say 6 books and just by looking at the titles I can't tell which book is 1st, 2nd, etc. If I have several books on my reader I can't tell which book belongs to a specfic series.

This is really driving me crazy as I've tried everything possible and cannot get this information to appear on the Nook. Does anyone have any ideas or fixes on how I can resolve this?

Thanks,
Yvonne
YvonneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Use a plugboard to put the series information into the title. Many reader (I don't know about the Nook) only read title and author. Also, I believe series is not a standard EPUB metadata field so you would need to use a plugboard with it anyway.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
YvonneA
YvonneA began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Thanks for answering me but can you tell me what you mean when you say Plugboard? Is that an app I need to download?
Thanks a bunch!
YvonneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
It's a feature of calibre. In the Library Management sub forum there is a sticky that gives a lot of information about it. Basically it allows you to change what metadata is put into certain fields when sending to a device. You can set it up in preferences.

A simple example is creating a plugboard that puts the tile - series series index in the title metadata of the file.

Sorry, I can't be be more help. I haven't used this feature myself.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:09 AM   #5
zed88
zed88 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, nook
In Preferences, go to Metadata plugboards.
If you already have a series column in your library, in format choose 'epub', in device chose 'Nook', and in Source template copy

{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

in Destination field choose 'title'

On my Nook, this results in books sorted by author and then series, series number and then title:

Jeffry P. Lindsay

Dexter Morgan - 01 - Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Dexter Morgan - 02 - Dearly Devoted Dexter

etc.

I LOVE this about Calibre. My Nook is all neat and books are easy to access in the proper order.
zed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert