Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
jtorresonline
jtorresonline began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle Keyboard 3g for $89

Just went to Best Buy and the shopper has the Kindle Keyboard 3g for $89.
I use it more for reading so what's your opinion:
Kindle Keyboard 3g for $89
kindle fire for $199 or
Playbook for $199. (best buy just dropped the 16gig playbook to $199)
jtorresonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Getting the K3 Keyboard "3G", for $89 is a killer deal...........I'd get it for the lifetime 3G browsing service alone. Just Do It. I'd get it if I didn't already have the wifi.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It may or may not be a good deal of the KK 3G. It all depends if the KK 3G is getting KF8 or not. If the KK 3G is not getting KF8, it's not a good deal at all.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdek View Post
Getting the K3 Keyboard "3G", for $89 is a killer deal...........I'd get it for the lifetime 3G browsing service alone. Just Do It. I'd get it if I didn't already have the wifi.
KK 3G won't browse using 3G. All you can do with the 3G is go to Amazon to buy content.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What is KF8?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
markdek
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
KK 3G won't browse using 3G. All you can do with the 3G is go to Amazon to buy content.
Base on what I know, yes it will....you're thinking of the limitation of the new K4.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
My KK 3G browser is open. I check my email and use Google via KK often. And I just changed my battery on it, so there are still some good reasons to buy this version. The newer Kindles are disposable -- no battery change possible.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
This is not true. Currently you can browse the web over 3G with the Kindle Keyboard 3G.

You can't do this with the Kindle Touch 3G.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdek View Post
What is KF8?
KF8 is Amazon's next file format, which will include most of the features of ePub, that is, HTML4 and CSS, rather than a very limited and customised form of HTML 3.2.

The next K4s apparently include support in firmware already. The KKs will need a firmware update to support it.

Amazon has said that 'all current' kindles will support KF8, but some people wonder whether this includes the KK.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
markdek
Addict

Thxs...pdurannt; I think the the K3 is still a great ereader/bargain. It has a big user base, and I have to believe it will support KF8.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
This is not true. Currently you can browse the web over 3G with the Kindle Keyboard 3G.

You can't do this with the Kindle Touch 3G.
My mistake.

Tags
black berry playbook, kinde fire, kindle3