Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Help...I need a Pocket Pro....

I made a deal with my daughter a few months ago after she fell in love with my pocket pro. I told her that if she saved up half of the money for one I would go in with the other half. Well she has been saving and now with Christmas money she has enough and is ready to buy an ereader. Well I have been putting together a folder of books out of my library that are appropriate for her age and they are mostly rtf, epub and pdf. Since I am the one who is going to be her tech support I want to set her ereader up just like mine.

Since I can't seem to be able to order a PP from Astak or a BeBook Neo I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions on a suitable replacement.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-27-2010 at 06:01 AM.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Unfortunately, the Astak Forum has become somewhat moribund lately, with virtually nothing being posted.

I've moved your Thread to our "Flea Market" Forum, a very thriving area for users to buy, sell and trade ebook related items.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-28-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Are you looking for new or used?
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Pocket Pro is the same machine as the Hanlin V5, the BeBook Mini, and several other devices whose names escape me at the moment. You should have no difficulty in buying one.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Are you looking for new or used?

I would prefer new but would settle for used in good condition with a minamum of the charger and case that came with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Pocket Pro is the same machine as the Hanlin V5, the BeBook Mini, and several other devices whose names escape me at the moment. You should have no difficulty in buying one.

I know but I searched all over the dang web last night and couldn't find one of those either.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I think you can buy one directly from Jinke from what several MR members have mentioned on the boards. Check their website here:

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/English/index.asp
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
kdf9511
Madman With A Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
I think you can buy one directly from Jinke from what several MR members have mentioned on the boards. Check their website here:

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/English/index.asp
Thanks for that info. I didn't think about going directly to Jinke. I checked that out last night and well they don't exactly make it easy to buy thier products directly. You have to first do a wire transaction from your bank then email them to tell them that you want to buy the product with the recept number from the transfer. To much trobule and too expensive.

I think my daughter is going to wind up with a Sony PRS 350 though she wants the Nook.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:47 AM   #8
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
I think she will be happier with the Sony 350 with touch screen in the long run. Be sure to get her one of those adorable and useful lighted covers. The nook is so hard to run in comparison. It is not as user friendly. I have had both and both are better and easier to use than the Pocket Pro.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #9
kdf9511
Madman With A Box

Well I just picked up a Sony PRS600 for her. Woot.com has them today for $99 so I went head and bought it.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #10
kdf9511
Madman With A Box

Ok it's offical I hate this Sony.

Oh and now I'm looking for another one for the boy child. You can bet he's not getting a Sony.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #11
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I just saw one on ebay, if that helps. It was white.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #12
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
What do you hate about it? (so that we can learn too)
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:32 AM   #13
kdf9511
Madman With A Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromedevine View Post
What do you hate about it? (so that we can learn too)
I don't like the file management system. My current library is sorted by author in folders and is very easy to pick what I want to read and just move it over to an SD card. I tried this with the Sony and got a big mess. I tried mngr505 to make some collections and that worked OK to get them into author groups but the titles are essed up due to the fact that the Sony reads the metadata not the file name. I have over 30,000 books in multiple formats that I have collected over the last 15 years I have been reading ebooks and don't really want to mess with putting them into some cataloging program like Calilbre.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
Ophysette
Ophysette with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitOphysette with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitOphysette with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitOphysette with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitOphysette with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitOphysette with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitOphysette with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitOphysette with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitOphysette with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitOphysette with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitOphysette with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Literati
Check ebay, I just got mine there. You are entirely correct. The multiple file folder system is fantastic.
Ophysette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #15
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
I saw that you bought the Sony PRS 600. Granted, the price was reasonable, but it is so inferior to the Sony 350 and 650 that came out this past year. How about the new PRS-T1 for $99. A lot of people really like it.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote