Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
MattMaingot22
MattMaingot22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Format books to work on ereaders

Hi there,

I currently have a Kobo ereader and a lot of pdf files on my computer that i would really like to be able to properly view on my kobo, but whenever i open the pdfs up on my kobo there is no way to set the screen zoom properly so that i can easily read the text and not have to zoom around the page. are there any programs or ways of resizing pdfs or maybe converting formats so that they are easier to read?

any help would be appreciated, thanks
MattMaingot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Calibre will convert pdf to epub, but it is not always pretty.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

I have also used an online converter : http://www.online-convert.com/

Sometimes I still need to edit using Sigil.

It can be a long process.

Good luck.

S
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 02:18 AM   #3
MattMaingot22
MattMaingot22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks for the info MM, Calibre seems to work pretty well other than some formatting issues with chapter titles and page headers
MattMaingot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Thanks for posting the online-convert link, Mostly Math. Never seen that one before.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote