Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
new official shipping date / US invitation date

Quote:
UPDATE - SHIPPING OF EUROPEAN ORDERS WILL BEGIN JULY 7th
Quote:
INVITATIONS TO US CUSTOMERS WILL BEGIN FROM JULY 10th ONWARDS
seen on http://www.irexshop.com (click onto iLiad thumbnail)
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:21 AM   #2
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Looks like tribbles birthday gift will be late.

Is it just me, or does that look like delaying things with soon-soon-we-promise-messages until credit card cancellations are impossible?
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2006, 02:22 AM   #3
Tscherno
iLiad Geek
Tscherno began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad #505; Sony T1, Amazon Paperwhite first Gen & sec is coming!
Tscherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:42 AM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
Looks like tribbles birthday gift will be late.
*starts sobbing*

What a week. Not going to be world Cup champion, didnt win 15 million in the lottery and now the iLiad wont be here for my birthday. When was the last time you saw a grown man crying? I will mark this week as a dark one in my calendar. From now on it can only be better. (am i being a little overdramatic???)
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:27 AM   #5
herve
Enthusiast
herve began at the beginning.

Device: TungstenC / hopefully iLi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
Is it just me, or does that look like delaying things with soon-soon-we-promise-messages until credit card cancellations are impossible?
Actually, when I ordered, I was given a delivery delay of two to three weeks. So thinking that my reader could be shipped within the next few days is good news!
herve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2006, 03:41 AM   #6
LittleTalker
Connoisseur
LittleTalker began at the beginning.

So, does anyone know how long the shipping should take once they give the iLiad to UPS? A couple of days? a couple of weeks?
I am actually glad I got the invite this late, when I was convinced I would get it on September. It really is tiresome to wait for the iLiad to come!
LittleTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:28 AM   #7
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Depends what service they decide to use. If it's a cheaper one it could be a few working days. If it's more expensive then next day.

I doubt it will be the latter though.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:34 AM   #8
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2
seen on http://www.irexshop.com (click onto iLiad thumbnail)
Were they just going to sneak that "support for an DRM format" in and hoping we wouldn't notice.

Um, er, which one - any hints? (I checked w/Mobipocket about a week ago and they had no update).
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:03 AM   #9
LittleTalker
Connoisseur
LittleTalker began at the beginning.

I just checked with UPS and it seems if it is sent tomorrow with the cheapest posting, the package should arrive in Spain by wednesday
LittleTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:09 AM   #10
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTalker
So, does anyone know how long the shipping should take once they give the iLiad to UPS? A couple of days?
My Xbox360 got nucleair and had to be shipped to the repaircentre in germany via UPS and back again to the Netherlands.
It was sent from Germany on a wednesday and was delivered the next day.
UPS has got its stuff together, shipping times within Europe should be limited to two days in my experience.
Keep an eye on your front door next monday.
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:13 AM   #11
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
I agree, I handle our IT purchases in my company, and anything sent by UPS is VERY fast.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #12
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

OK I am in the U.S. and received an invitation in my email this morning. It gave me a password and I went to the site and I am on the ordering page. It says at the top that U.S. invites begin on July 10th.

Did I get an invite because I entered my email on their site months ago or are they starting early? Any other U.S. customers get an invite?

Edit: I was able to complete purchase. The total came to $739.

Last edited by pitcher23; 07-06-2006 at 06:42 AM.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:04 AM   #13
each
Connoisseur
each has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 650/iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcher23
OK I am in the U.S. and received an invitation in my email this morning. It gave me a password and I went to the site and I am on the ordering page. It says at the top that U.S. invites begin on July 10th.

Did I get an invite because I entered my email on their site months ago or are they starting early? Any other U.S. customers get an invite?

Edit: I was able to complete purchase. The total came to $739.
I got one, just want to know whether we got the same, becos the email said "Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you for your ongoing interest in our iLiad E-reader.

Some time ago you have sent us an email / showed interest in obtaining an iLiad sample. We are happy to inform you that, for European Business to Business customers, the iRexShop is open. We have started selling evaluation products per June 12, 2006.

You are invited to login to:"

It made me a little confused.

BTW, the price is $739 including shipping cost, same with you.
each is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:13 AM   #14
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
so US is getting away cheap once again...tsts...

I asked iRex about the US invites...let's see what they say...

I also asked about the different status and the amount they think they can ship straight away...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:07 AM   #15
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
so US is getting away cheap once again...tsts...
I think the difference may be the absence of the VAT. I think I may have gotten an earlier US invite, because when I ordered it was still in Euro only. Mine came to 669 Euros with 20 Euros shipping, which will probably go up.

Order is 'confirmed, processing' and order number is 500.
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote